xisto Community
seez

My Inventions Please post your opinions on my inventions

I know it might seem a bit foolish, but I like to invent things. I don't actually make things from scrap, but I invent simple devices by taking two machines/items and putting them together. I have listed my inventions here.1. The Leaf-Blower Powered WagonI took a Little Red Wagon. I asked all of my neighbors for their leaf blowers to borrow. Mystified, they gave me their leaf blowers. I attached the leaf blowers to the back of the wagon and when all of the leaf blowers were turned up at their highest blowing power, the wagon moved.2. The Automatic Fly SwatterI bought a small fan, the very small cheap kind people can get for a few dollars. With this fan I attached a fly swatter to one of the parts of the fan that actually whirl around and do the fanning. When I turned the fan on, the fly swatter spun around and around, able to swat flies.3. The Action Figure Grappling HookI took a thin string that was thick enough not to break. I tied the end into an adjustable circle. I then took sharp Bionicle parts and tied them onto the string. When I attached the circle of string onto an action figure's hand and swung the grappling hook onto something like a window shutter, the grappling hook hooked on to it and my action figure could climb!4. The Glowing Crystal FlashlightI took a small flashlight and bought a small crystal. I taped the crystal over the flashlight's glass part completely. When I switched on the flashlight, the crystal glowed.I have only listed a few inventions. Please tell me what you think

Thats really cool, taking two things and making one thing out of them. My brother would like the grappler, he like action figures, and he is 8. The leaf-blower wagon one seems cool. Keep up the good work!

Hello I think you are being creative however did this your leaf blower wagon really worked.Becausee it seems to me like it wouldn't produce enough power to move wagon and person if if there were many of them. Also could you post some images it would look kinda cool.

Yeah, images would be great. The wagon seems a little bit crazy, but I don't know, cars may have seemed crazy to people before they came out. ;) The others sound cool too. Don't be afraid to make things and show them to us, btw, they're cool. ;)

Those are some qiute original ideas, Weird but interesting.Now where can i get one of those fly swatter's, they sound impressive and qiute useful. would love to see picture's of these.

Those are some qiute original ideas, Weird but interesting.
Now where can i get one of those fly swatter's, they sound impressive and qiute useful. would love to see picture's of these.

Seems like you are getting your first buyers maybe you could even start getting global. Also I would like to remind you once more that putting some pictures here would be great.

The leaf-blower powered wagon is cool, but unfurtunatly it isn't very efficient, not to mention that does a terrible noise. I like the automatic fly swatter, but did it actually kill any flies? And did you let it run for a while because I don' think the fan was designed to support the weight of the fly swatter?The last ideas are not that original, you can buy thinks like that everywhere.Anyway keep up the good work and it would begreat if you would paste some photos of yout inventions

I like one and two they are very creative but the thing is that i did not understand the last two as they were too basic to be called inventions.

They are all creative for one, but none of them will ever take off i dont think. The fly swatter for instance, it is going around in a circle in a certain area, quite unlikely that it will ever swat any flies and fulfill its purpose. Nice idea to combine two objects into one, but i dont think they will work.

They are all creative for one, but none of them will ever take off i dont think. The fly swatter for instance, it is going around in a circle in a certain area, quite unlikely that it will ever swat any flies and fulfill its purpose. Nice idea to combine two objects into one, but i dont think they will work.

I wouldn't agree with you because if you check the last invention you will see that there already exist similar lamps like the one with salt rock over them my firend has one. Ans it is really cool so you see on of them is already available in the free market it is just that first two are bit strange doesn't mean that they will ever work out or that something on that absic principle will work out if you check history american science society once described that nothing harder then air would ever flight and check out now how many planes we have buzzing around us.

Well, I don't really think any of them will take off. Sorry to be a party pooper, but it is in my nature to explain
why these won't work. However, I think that I could modify some of your inventions to do something cool.

1. The Leaf-Blower Powered Wagon
I took a Little Red Wagon. I asked all of my neighbors for their leaf blowers to borrow. Mystified, they gave me their leaf blowers. I attached the leaf blowers to the back of the wagon and when all of the leaf blowers were turned up at their highest blowing power, the wagon moved.

This sounds pretty fun, but it isn't very efficient, like many people mentioned. It is also noisy, like many people mentioned.
However, I believe that a modification of this invention could be pretty cool. Basically, the modification would enable your vehicle to run on ice, instead of land Instead of wheels on the wagon, put a two to three inch wooden board. Make sure that the board is sanded off and polished and everything is done to make the board smooth. Also make one side of the board rounded over. Now, remove the wheels on the wagon. Put the board on the wagon to make it like a sled with only one board. Put the rounded side facing the ground. Now get the little sticks that you get when you go skiing. Use those to control turning. You turn by leaning to one side and use the little skiing things to prevent you from falling over. You can also use them to slow down.

It's important that the board is smooth and that you only use one. The board should be about 78-80% of the length of the red wagon.

2. The Automatic Fly Swatter
I bought a small fan, the very small cheap kind people can get for a few dollars. With this fan I attached a fly swatter to one of the parts of the fan that actually whirl around and do the fanning. When I turned the fan on, the fly swatter spun around and around, able to swat flies.

No offense but that would never work. Flies have the capability to sense air pressure. The person that invented the flyswatter knew this and put holes in the fly swatter so there wouldn't be a massive wall of air pressure in front of the swatter that would warn the fly that it would probably die if it didn't move.

Having a fan and attaching a flyswatter to it would do nothing to kill a fly. However, there is one upside to it. Because a fly wouldn't be swatted because of the massive increase of air pressure, it naturally wouldn't go near it. Your invention could be used as an insect repellent that works on short ranges. I suppose that you could put a cake right under the fan and flies wouldn't dare try to land on the cake. I don't know. Maybe some flies might attempt to do so.

3. The Action Figure Grappling Hook
I took a thin string that was thick enough not to break. I tied the end into an adjustable circle. I then took sharp Bionicle parts and tied them onto the string. When I attached the circle of string onto an action figure's hand and swung the grappling hook onto something like a window shutter, the grappling hook hooked on to it and my action figure could climb!

No comments, really. That's just cool. I think you should post a picture of that or maybe a Youtube video showing the action figure climbing.

4. The Glowing Crystal Flashlight
I took a small flashlight and bought a small crystal. I taped the crystal over the flashlight's glass part completely. When I switched on the flashlight, the crystal glowed.

Now, this is a good idea, but like some of the others, it could be modified. First of all, the crystal would steal a lot of the light and having it be a small flashlight with a traditional bulb wouldn't make it very efficient either. The crystal also scatters the light more so the light on a certain area would be dimmer. However, you could make it more efficient by getting a powerful laser pointer like the ones at http://www.wickedlasers.com/ and tape the crystal to that. I even think that there is a video of somebody pointing a laser at a crystal on that website.

If you really want to get powerful, why not attack several lasers and attach their power sources through a parallel circuit and then tape the crystal. You could manage a powerful and efficient flashlight that would be ideal for lighting a general area, but not so much a specific area.
Edited by possible123 (see edit history)

Hmm your remakes how I would explain them are more or less interesting then the inventions themselves. Did you actually tried doing some of them or just described them. The idea I like the most was this one about crystal they could be used in the disco clubs and some similar clubs where light shows are common.

Here's a page from my book of inventions. I seem to have one worth recording every week or two.How about a mini hydraulic generator powered LED you just stick on the end of any tap. If your power goes out you always have a little light in the loo so you don't pee on your foot.

nice one with the leaf blower.

here is an invention for you:

items:

-pointy pole

-Lawn mower(has to have powered wheels)

-rope

invention:

Stick pointy end of pole into ground.

Tie lawn mower to pole

turn it on.

And tadda you don't have to mow the lawn, it does it for you as the rope ties on to the pole, the circle of the mower decreases.

Here i took a photo :D

Posted Image