xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
savge17

Lacrosse Anyone general discussion

Anyone here play Lacrosse. I play Lacrosse in highschool and its really alot of fun. Contact is always a great thing! except when you ahve to get 3 pins in your thumb like I DID! <_<
Lacrosse is becoming a more and more popular sport. alot of people havent even heard what lacrosse is so im going to give you can explanation.

Lacrosse was considered the most widely played team sport of its time in North America with regional variations played with either one or two sticks of differing structures. In all it's forms the Native version of lacrosse was an athletic contest of great skill, pride and spiritual significance.
It was so popular in fact that many sports historians considered it the original national pastime. The Indigenous peoples believe the game was given to them by the Creator for his enjoyment. It was considered more than just a game and Native people played to help in the healing process, to settle disputes, for spiritual development, and to prepare for war. The traditional face-off (toss-up) included the teams yelling the name of their creator, with sticks raised to the sky.

The game was played commonly by the indians, and native american people. And it is considered one of Canad's pastimes. other than hockey :P

anyone like lacrosse. i love the game. i have been playing it ever since i couldn't play hockey anymore. its a great game to learn and very fun to play, though the refs in south are terrible.

Notice from BuffaloHELP:
Please search the forum before making redundant topics. Merged.

I LOVE LACROSSE!!!Better than Hockey... Faster, rougher, most action all around. Takes a real athlete to excel at the game. Hand eye co-ordination, running skills, endurance, strategic, all required in a big way. And toughness is a "must-have". Haven't played for a few years.I was a Referee, too. Used to ref with some of the best, Provincially, Regionally, and at the national level, Box or Field, didn't matter. Where do you play? at school or in a City league? Indoor or outside? Box or Field?

Love it. Played in High School and have been playing since about 3rd grade. I sorta stopped in college because I'm not cut out for the daily practices and the running and all of that. Plus I need to focus on my grades. But I still love the sport. It's so amazing to see the spread of this sport all accross the nation. i've recently been seeing plenty of kids walking around the streets carrying lacrosse sticks and it makes me happy. It's generally a hot-bed in the east.....but it's spreading to the west thanks to indoor leagues and the MLL.The MLL (Major League Lacrosse) was really interesting when it first came out but the interest kinda died down. I went to a few early games and saw Casey and Ryan Powell play and they're amazing. It'll never compare to the NCAA tournments tho. I've been going to the college championships for years. In different areas such as Baltimore, New Jersey, and Philadelphia. It's been quite the experience.Just last year I got to see my cousin win the NCAA championship for SUNY Cortland. IT was an amazing experience and I love the sport.Go out and watch some of the fastest game on two feet if you don't knwo anything about it.

I like lacrosse. I've never played it, because it's too hard for me! How am I supposed to catch the ball, let alone cradle? But I enjoy watching the game. I've been to three or more games and it's actually pretty exciting. It's very fast paced and sometimes it's hard for me to figure out who even has the ball. It's a great sport to watch for me.