xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy

Re-do Of My Site! Please Review :) projectjim.co.uk

i like it, it looks pretty nice, but i didnt see any content!! btw, if you want a good cms, i honestly would reccoment you to use joomla, its nice, has good templates, very managable, and has allot of mods and hacks.my site is infact run with joomla. so u can use it as a demo, or u could always go to the joomla iste and check out their demojoomla: https://www.joomla.org/ my site: http://www.hugedomains.com/domain_profile.cfm?d=mangalounge&e=com

Its well set up, nice layout, Set up in the professional mater. But, your Home Page is empty? Is that meant to be, or still under construction?

But, your Home Page is empty? Is that meant to be, or still under construction?

I'm sorry to say I didn't have the time to manage because of exams and also I modded the .htaccess file for a different site. This meant the content generated via cutenews CMS I was using doesn't appear anymore.

My site will now redirect to my bigger, new project that has a LOT more content!

Alex it made me laugh when you said you almost closed the window because it was a parked domain :) Any further reviews from here onwards will probably be on my now main site, where the newer reviewers might not realise it's not projectjim.co.uk any more!!!!

The site looks very clean cut and organized. A few things that i personally would change are the following:1.) When you are on the sark photos 1 page, below the navigation bar you have a gradient tiled image and then just black. This just doesnt fade into the black perfectly and looks a little weird. I would either just do a plain gradient, gradient the whole thing, or just get rid of it.2.) Your copywrite notice is on the background color and looks a bit out of place. I would either just put it in the white background area just below all of the content.3.) Your contact us page has a completely different design and thus makes me wonder. Either move it to the same design or add a new form.Besides these 3 small things, your site looks good.

hey jimmy, it looks nice and clean, the menu is very clear and easy to navigate. i just dont like the colors but that is a personal thing. i am not that much into brown. i think myself if you make it orange it is a lot better. bleu and orange go well together. it makes a nice contrast. but that i personal. you did a good job here. :)

Thanks very much :) it seems that the redirect I set up worked a treat and you reviewed my new site!!!you did say that brown wasn't you're favorite colour and blue and orange go together well. I thought it was orange :) I'll take another look and reconsider...