xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
TempKnight

Good Books

If you like action and mystery, with a lil romance... You might like the redwall series by brian jaque(i belive thats how you spell his name) its about animals that act like us...but in the mid evil times with swords and shields....But whats sad is my English teacher said this book is too hard for her :\

actually his name is spelled Brian Jacques.how would i know? I have read all of his Redwall Series and I LOVED IT!!!it's not what you would expect in a book, but at the same time it has some of the qualities. I would also recommend his books to anyone.

:D An english teacher said a Redwall book was too hard for her???!!! :D This is not how things are supposed to be!

If you want another good series to start, you might enjoy the Ender's Game series by Orson Scott Card. I am sure that you are up to the intellectual level of the series, even if your english teacher isn't!

WHOA, that is sad about your English Teacher!! In my local library all the Brian Jacques books are found in the kid's section...But anyways, I like his books. :( I think I've read one or two, but I don't remember which ones they were. One of them was about Matthias and his discovering that Martin had left a kind of code for him to follow... It's been a while since I've read it, but hopefully you all know what I'm talking about :P

If you like detective novels with witty, resourceful heroines and good plots definitely check out Jasper Fforde's Thursday Next series. It kept me laughing for hours. Almost like Harry Potter but for college people.

When I first tried reading "Redwall," I did find it a bit difficult to read because I wasn't used to people reading or speaking like that. Then after the first 10 pages it became much easier to read.

I love the Redawall series of books,I remember looking threw the fantasy Ilse of the book store and seeing Marlfox it was the first book I read and now I love the the series.Granted it can be a little hard read the part with mole talk are almost unreadable and british terms are a little confusing.I don't think it hard read unless your ready to ready read chapter books but then again harry potter book can be 30 chapters and people seem to have to problem reading those.

Well a really good "series" (books that continue, I know that you probably already know this, but its a series so I wanted to point that out) is the Cirque Du Freak series. Its about a normal boy who has to become a vampire (he struck a deal with a vampire) to save his friend steve. Steve got bit by a poisonous spider and the cure is not known to the world, however this vampire happens to have the cure. So the vampire cures steve and Darren (the main character) sets off with the vampire on a life long journey. Its a really, really good series. Another good series would be the demonata series (where I got my name). Its written by the same author as the Cirque Du Freak series and its not as good but its still really good. Its about a boy who's life gets turned upside down by demons. The demons killed his parents and so he goes to live with his uncle. But the demons keep coming. So he learns how to use magic (real magic). He then starts to fight back against the demons and he gets really pawerful. He encounters the demon master, Lord Loss, a lot. The demon master Lord Loss feeds on other peoples pain and misery and loss. So Grubbs lost everything to the demons and so Lord Loss often follows Grubbs to drain his misery. But Grubbs beat Lord Loss at chess so now Lord Loss is out to destroy Grubbs and his uncle. And thats how the story goes from there.

I read the Redwall books a while ago, the language isn't that hard, it?s easier than Shakespeare?s and he wrote in modern English. Was English the first language of your English teacher? We are sponsoring a child from the Philippines, and her English Teacher wasn't nearly as fluent as a native speaker and might have had trouble with the book. Anyway, The Thief by Megan Turner was an awesome book. It was written for children, but had awesome dialogue, character development; plot and didn?t fall into many of the children's book clich?s. I thoroughly recommend it to people of all ages, along with The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien. Both books were funny and stand alone, though there are other books written about them in the same setting if you?re interested. My favorite book though was Howl's moving Castle, by Dianna Wayne Jones. The book was hilarious, had an interesting plot and kept my attention riveted from beginning to end. I would recommend all of these books to anyone who loves fantasy and or the middle ages.

I really like Matthew Reilly's books, I'm addicted to them but, as I keep talking about them, a really good other author is William Nicholson and his books (The Wind Singer, Slaves of the Mastery & Firesong)I really like fantasy books, and real life books.About the Redwall thing, how could an English teacher find it too hard? I know a guy whos parents read the books to him at 3 years of age and he still remembers what its about.Personally, I try to read recommended books, and I will read the Redwall series but right now im reading The Six Sacred stones