xisto Community
Unregistered 012

Best Ways To Reduce Acne need help

Personally I've never had a problem with zits or acne, I just seem to be lucky. I did get the occassional pimple, but thats pretty much it. I just took the tips from others that have given. Basically its simple, stay off the fast food as much as possible, not only will this help health, but will help acne go down. Same with greasy foods. If you have to touch your face try using the back of your hand, less oil and grime is there. Wash your face with soap and wipe it down well with a wet towel, this can be done in shower, or just on your own. Don't pop your zits! Pimples are sometimes okay, but zits can get gross. Make sure to wash your face immediatly after you pop them though so your skin doesn't get even more oily.Anytime I'm stressed it also seems to have something pop up. Try to feel relaxed, sure get stressed when you need to like finals, but if theres any way possible to feel relaxed, do it. Those are pretty much my only natural ways I can help you with, if you do those you will be fine and only ocassionally get a pimple or two, which is completely normal, but your face will still be fine.

I have been for some medical visit in MonteNegro, where the doctors seem to be more professionals that doctors in my area, and she gave me some medications. As far as I remember, it was a anti acne soap called SebaMed. But I have had troubles from acne and lots of other problem lots of time. In my experience you can do nothing to prevent them, because they are all hormonal, and we cannot command hormonal releases of our body/organism. But something to mention is that all you need is a good washing of your face and body everyday and reducing fatty food and diets. That keeps you healthy anyway. :lol:

The best way to properly resolve your skin problem is to consult a doctor who could give you the proper medication that will prevent or cure any skin problem.

some tips on acneBest Ways To Reduce Acne

I found these tips useful for myself, sharing them here.

1. Stop popping the spots, also known as pimples and zits. This may make the pimple look worse due to inflammation and irritation. Popping a zit can spread infection under the skin and produce even more pimples than before. If you do pop a spot then immediately clean it with soap and water or rubbing alcohol in order to prevent infection. If a pimple erupts in a particularly bothersome place, learn how to target a single pimple. And if you're determined to pop, learn how to pop a pimple safely and properly. If you do pop a pimple and you want to avoid anything resembling Western medicine, one thing to try is put a mixture of honey and ground cinnamon on the spot. Put a band-aid on it also. You may also want to stay away from stress.

2. Use a mild soap Make sure it is not comedogenic - and does not contain such ingredients as Sodium Laureth Sulfate.

3. Remove dead skin cells regularly by exfoliating. Use a gentle scrub with natural defoliants like ground walnut shells, or use an over-the-counter chemical defoliant like salicylic acid or glycolic acid. Adding ground walnut shell to a thick moisturizer like cocoa butter can be effective too. Take caution, because over-exfoliating can actually increase the likelihood of acne by irritating the skin. Pat dry, rather than rubbing, since rubbing can cause irritation to the fresh skin you've just revealed.

4. Use a good toner. Spray onto face or wipe on with a cotton ball and wipe off with a clean, dry cotton ball. This gets rid of excess cleanser and tightens pores. Good, inexpensive choices include plain witch hazel for normal to dry skin, lemon juice, or 3% hydrogen peroxide for oily skin. 70% ethyl rubbing alcohol can also be used for severe oiliness, but it can really dry out your skin and irritate it more. Some toners are medicated, and this stage is the best for using a medicated product if you're only going to use one medication.

5. Dermabrasion removes the redness. A simple natural home remedy for this is to use the skin inside of an egg shell. Google "dermabrasion with eggs".

6. Bacteria in pores is one cause of spots. Reduce the amount of bacteria by using toners containing anti-bacterial agents like alcohol, peroxide and benzalkonium chloride, and by using creams that contain benzoyl peroxide (ask your doctor about benzaclin, with moisturizer if you have dry skin, as it works better than just plain benzoyl because benzoyl takes up to 8 weeks before improvement is seen) which kill bacteria as well as cause the skin to regenerate faster.

7. Maintain a routine. Most acne treatments take time to work. It usually takes between two and eight weeks before you see any significant improvement, so you are going to have to be patient. Once you've gotten your acne cleared up, it's important to continue with the treatment that's working so it does not return.

8. If all else fails, contact a doctor. Mild antibiotics that are available only by prescription can help reduce acne. Keep in mind though, that the widespread overuse (taking antibiotics when you really don't need them or for something they don't treat) and misuse (not taking medication for the specified amount of time) of antibiotics has led to the development of multiple antibiotic resistant bacteria. That means that the antibiotics won't work for the things they used to (including your acne).

9. Keep hair off of your face if at all possible. If you want to keep your bangs, then consider taking showers regularly or keeping your forehead clean with oil-dabbing cloths / clean tissues / etc.

10. Get good sleep. Stress increases your skin's oiliness, which, combined with sweat and dirt, can clog pores and cause pimples. (Change your pillowcase frequently.)

11. Acne medications may cause your skin to initially break out worse than before because all FDA-approved acne medications (benzoyl peroxide, salicylic acid, blue light therapy and sulfur) are causing your skin to regenerate faster. This brings existing acne pimples already under your skin (but not visible yet) to the surface, which in turn causes a massive but fortunately temporary break out. Give the medications time to work -- about one to two weeks -- and you will notice a big difference in the quality of your skin.

Thanks

Austin Strickland

-reply by Austin Strickland

Keep it simple..Best Ways To Reduce Acne

Ive learnt, as an acne sufferer and through trial and error, that keeping it simple is the best way to treat acne. If you overload your face with chemicals which dry out your skin, your body responds by making more sebum (the oily stuff on your skin) in order to keep it flexible and moisturised. I dnt wash my face more than 2x a day and sometimes only wash it once a day! I use 'Simple' range (from UK) and this has hardly any bad chemicals in it. In america you can buy 'purpose cleansing gel' from most places which contains minimal ingredients. Lots of acne sufferers use it! At the end of the day, the Western world (UK and USA) suffers from acne a lot more severely and commonly than people in the Eastern world. This is because they have a simple diet and use barely any chemicals on their skin and don't overwash!

And by the way, diet really does have an impact on acne even though lots of people say it doesnt.Keep it simple...

-reply by Alice

I have noticed that staying, outside in the sun alot helps, go to a beach or something for awhile and that will most likely get rid of most of it, when you get back stay on top of it with washing your face twice a day 3 min at a time with sulphur based soap keeps it under control

1) Drink lots of water.

I'm not talking about a small glass a day. No, i'm talking around 3-4 bottles a day. I don't know how many times i have to remind people that water is a big factor in getting perfect skin. The water helps to nourish your skin, mending all the scars and getting rid of all impurities. Within a week, your skin should have a healthy glow of its own.

2) Wash your face twice a day.

Use a face wash that has built in exfoliating beads, for they help get under the surface, scrubbing away all dirt, oil build-up, and dead skin. Your skin should feel and look noticeably smoother within two days. The facewash that i recommend (as well as use in the morning, and at night) is St. Ives Invigorating Apricot Scrub. It uses no harsh chemicals, and uses all natural exfoliants. (Plus, it smells fantastic!) You should create a routine of washing your face once in the morning, and once at night.

3) Always apply moisturizer and sunblock!

After wash your face at night, moisturize. The reason you shoudl do this is because the face wash you just used probably dried your skin out, and the moisturizer helps you regain the proper moisture, without all the gross oils and dead skin that naturally comes with all the other moisture your face produces. And during the day, always lightly sunscreen your face to help protect it from the suns powerful UV rays. This helps to keep your skin properly moisturized during the day, and also helps reduce and protect from uneven skin tone/skin cancer.

4) Dont touch your face that much during the day.

Your hands carry thousands of bacteria during the day, so once you touch your face, you transfer the bacteria from your hand to your face. That's what pimples basically are: build-up of bacteria, dirt, oil, dead skin, flakes, etc. inside your pores, causing the white blood cells to rush to that area, trying to fight off the infection, creating the infamous pimple. So try to touch your face as minimum as possible. But if you have to, then use sanitary wipes, or clean your hands before doing so. I recommend carrying around antibacterial hand sanitizer.

5) Do NOT pop your pimples!

I cannot explain how crucial this is. Popping your pimples only results in the infections growing larger, creating the Zit. But if you must pop them, then do so wisely. Use a sterile sewing needle that is heated at the point. Also, make sure you heat the pimple itself with a warm washcloth, so that the skin is soft and vulnerable, and so that all the puss goes to the surface. Stick the needle in from the side of the pimple, and let all the juices come out on their own. Down rush things and push on the pimple, because that only irritates it.

6) Eat lots of fruits and vegetables.

This somewhat goes into the water category. All these things: water, fruits, vegetables, grains, etc. are good for you, which result in = Happy Skin! It helps to keep your skin healthy and strong, defending itself from those unsightly pimples.

This is an extra step you can do -

7) Use essential oils!

Yes, you heard me right. Adding tree oil, or calendula, chamomile, juniper, lavendar and mint smoothed directly onto your dampened skin actually help get rid of acne. You can also go the extra mile and use honey!

Natural skin care treatments are also very effective for acne or pimples removal. Some remedies like oatmeal, lemon, Aloe Vera and steam bath help you to get rid of skin problems. You also need to keep some important tips in your mind to prevent this problem for long time like: Avoid oily food and alcohol, wash your face regularly, and drink lots of water.

Edited by moderator (see edit history)

you can try out other skin care products such as clinique acne solution, pro-activ and mario badescu in new york. If on the other hand your acne is totally bad or turned worst you have to check in with the dermatologist much much better and safer for you as well. No pricking is the best as well as you might have a moon crater cheeks if you prick it. ^_^