xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
demonatashadow

Cirque Du Freak

Has anyone ever read it?? I love Cirque Du Freak and I recmend it to anyone from 13-up. It's about a bo named Darren and he meets this vampire. He steels the vampires spider which then bits his best friend. So he makes a deal with the vampire saying that he will become a vampire if he cures his friend. So it all happens, Darren becomes a vampire and his friend gets jelous because he always wanted to be a vampire. It's really cool and there are about twelve in the sequal. Read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the sega of booksCirque Du Freak

Hi I'm 14 years old. I Read Cirque du freak a little after I turned 11, since then I have loved books. For my 12th Birthday I had gotten the Cirque du freak and all of the sequals. I am now 14, at the moment I am still on he 6th book 'the vampire prince'.  have got say, even though I have not had as much time to read because of GCSE's, preperation, exams and other obligations, I still find the erge to pick up the book and read. before I go to sleep I tell myself just "just read 1 chapter, thats all just 1" but in the end I fall asleep with the book on my face having read about 4 or 5 chapters.

I strongly request that you read irquedu freak and I garrenty that youll want to read the next book, and the next and so on. 

Thamanna.

hey I'm on chapter 27 it was my summer assignment to read this book it is awsome I luv it so much I decided to read the whole series personally I'm not a fan of reading but if you read JUST the introduction you will laugh and want to read the whole thing!

hey ya I have read the whole series and it is awesome (I wont spoil it) but it is really great and I am 15 and still love it... The movie, to be honest, looks really retarded and kind of ruins the book. My favorite book would have to be the trials of death because the ending was totally shocking but than again totally predictable in a way because if u only read a chapter a night and think about what is going to happen next u will think about the prince and blah blah blah. Good plot tho!!-reply by Sammi Jo

Movie ruins BookCirque Du Freak

Ive read the entire series.. Its a great series.. Awesome ending. But the movie they're making is ridiculous.. Where's the little people's masks? Why does Debbie have a tail? and Mr Crepsly shouldnt be played by a comedian. So I suggest that you don't watch the movie because it does NOT follow the book in descriptions.

-reply by Patrick

If you loved the Cirque de freak serries... Look out for the Demonata Series... 1st book Lord Loss...I have to say I'm 17 and I enjoyed reading this series and I couldnt wait for the movie to come out, but now I'm dissapointed because they KILLED it. The descriptions don't match and Larten Crespley shouldnt be played by a Comedian!

I loved the books read them all in like 3 moths and to be honest they were the reason I gave reading a shot my favourite books of all timeBut the movie doesn't follow the right story the characters are wrong age description personality darren sixteen he had1 teacher so was 11 12 debbie has a tailAnd Mr. Crepsley asks him to become a vampire on stage what happened to the whole denial bitAns he has super spit and can flite (cant mind spelling)And worst of all its God damn American what the hell Britain or Irish he plays football (soccer) at school and yes it matters //SLIGHT SPOILER// because he meets up with a friend and something happens on a football pitch that relevant to his positionDarren you were my favorite author now I just see you as a sell outI personally hope the movie fails and they give up so later a real daren shan movie can be made-reply by meikle

movie sucksCirque Du Freak

havent seen the movie but just looking at the trailer makes theEntire film look like a commercial perversion of a good series ofBooks. I enjoyed the books and too much has been changed and addedWhich makes me not want to waste my money on a crappy hollywood darrenShan. Darren isnt supposed to be so generic and commercial he isSupposed to be a kid put through rough situations trying to do theRight thing despite his feelings towards what he has become (at leastIn the first few books). To me it feels like the eragon movie all overAgain and I'm disappointed the author would let this happen. NothingNeeded to be changed for this to translate into a good movie. Just theStruggles darren has with his new identity in the first 3 books wouldHave made a great movie but the story has been cheapened to make aQuick buck. Patheticthe only good actor in this movie is john c reiley, not the pictureOf larten I had in my mind but the character descriptions (althoughIgnored majorly) are not the movies biggest problem, which says much.And salma hayek is bangin hot. But the actor playing steve should findAnother job he sucks and every movie he's been in sucked out loud.There are a wide range of actually talented young actors which makesHis success in film that much more annoying. Take an acting lesson andHe might actually be believable instead of playing every character heGets THE EXACT SAME WAY.in conclusion, if I could speak with darren shan I would say this: F*** y**! you sold out on the very people who MADE YOUR CARREER YOUMONEY GRUBBING *bottom*! WE DIDNT BUY THE BOOKS SO YOU COULD MAKE US FEELSTUPID FOR READING THEM. YOU COULD HAVE GAINED ALOT MORE FANS RATHERTHAN LOSE YOUR AVID READERS. THE PEOPLE WHO LOVED THE MOVIE ARENT THEPEOPLE WHO WILL LIKE THE BOOKS AND THE PEOPLE WHO LIKED THE BOOKS WILLHATE THE MOVIE SO YOU'VE GAINED NOTHING BUT MONEY. WHICH IS GREATBECAUSE I HOPE YOU NEVER WRITE ANOTHER SUCCESSFUL BOOK AND THE REST OFYOUR WORK FAILS EPICLY

-reply by john doe

Yes, I have read the books thousands of times and I've finished the 9th book 2 times in one day! The books are just TOTALLY AWESOME and I can't get enough of them. I started reading them when I was 11 when I went to America and me and my brother just love them. We can't wait to see the movie, though but our car's broken down :(

Like I said, I haven't seen the movie but even though I haven't, I still think that they changed way too much and it pissed me off because Debbie wasn't there and she was one of my fav characters and they changed it to rebecca! Also, I don't think Mr. Crepsley should be played by a comedian because he's not funny, Mr. Crepsley is too serious and doesn't make jokes...Well, not all the time. And Truska has premonitions? WTH? And Mr Tiny is just so fat! Where's the yellow boots?

They better not change Vancha or I'll definitely stop watching the movies!

The books were AWESOME but the movie has changed too much and it will go continue on to the second trilogy of the movie so it's going to ruin everything! Movies always ruin everything!

Books v Movie(S)? I'd definitely say BOOKS!

-reply by Justine Solano

Cirque de freak rox!Cirque Du Freak

Yes I have read cirque de freak. I didn't know anything about until summer break when I was 12 , I went over to the library and found it on a shelf. It looked interesting to me so I signed it out and I love it! unfortumatly the libray only had the first five books so I never got around to reading the rest...Then I found out a movie was coming out so I just had to go watch it and I love it! I still have to read the rest of the books...Hopefully soon.

-reply by Navu

I LOVED the Cirque Due Freak Series I in fact have read it a total of 3 times and I've personally cried every time I read the last book. And it made me extremely happy to see the previews, and it came out on my 19th birthday, when I found this out I said happy birthday to me. But sadly I never got to see the movie and well when it vanished 2 weeks later it pissed me off, I think that the movie drowned under the twi-*BLEEP*-ery. But now that I read up on (just) about every comment and movie review I'm going to vote for a REDO! someone ELSE like a FAN of the series SHOULD DIRECT THIS FILM not some BIG WIG IDIOT who just ended up reading a SUMMARY instead of feeling the love that you can get from READING THE ENTIRE SERIES. I mean COME ON I could direct a better film than them and I know NOTHING about directing. And I could do it in such a way that each BOOK got THE LOVE IT DESERVED.

-reply by amanda

i read the booksCirque Du Freak

I have read all the way to book-8. I'm not the kind of person who likes to read. So I was at the school libary and found it. It was addicting,I read all 8 books in 7 days. I recomend this book to people 12+ really a great book... 

-reply by Jinksta

I LOVED THE BOOKCirque Du FreakI LOVE to read anything with a weird twist of there own about vampires. My friend told me about these books so I tried it and LOVED it I'm only on book six because the library is very careless but so far its amazing. And I'm really fustrated because my freind told me the ending of book 12! I'm still goin to read it though. I also saw the movie and I thought it was good if it wasnt the same movie if it wasnt cirque du freak and it was just a movie not made from a book I would love it but, it is cirque du freak and I think they rushed into making steve leoperd the vampeneze lord that hasnt happened yet in book 6!! if they make a book 2 movie it is going to **** they have NO plot anymore because the series leads up to the vampaneze lord thats the outline of the series but they rushed into making steve vampaneze lord. If they made a harry potter type series it would be a lot better but now they just cost them selves money because alot of people have read the books.So for there sake I hope they don't make a second movies. As for detail it would be much better if debbie was not a monkey girl if she was a regular human who doesnt know about him the movie would be heart braking when he leaves her. But instead they had him drink from her so they cant add in sam greet because sam was darrnes first human blood taste and it was for a good cause wich makes u know more about the character darren but instead in the movie he didnt seem so reluctant to drink her blood so he's a more confusing character and not the same as in the book. I personally absolutely love the books but hate the ending of the series. I'm not sure if my freind told me the truth or not I guess I'll have to read the book to find out.-reply by kristen

I loveeedd the books. The movie suuuckkeedd!!Cirque Du Freak

I loved the Cirque Du Freak books. I read them when I was like 13 or 14. They are what go me into reading. I just watch the movie and I cannot believeee that Darren let them butcher it like that!! The movie sucked!! The characters were all wrong and it diden't follow the book. Mr. Crepsly should not be played by a comedian and they changed Debbie's name to Rebekka and made her a monkey girl!! The litte people weren't wearing masks eaither and most of the acting sucked!! They need to Re -do the movie correctly with a diffren't director!!

-reply by Brittany

cirque de freakCirque Du FreakThough out the hooole movie I sat there sayin U R NT DEBBIE! to that rebecca gurl I wanted 2c DEBBIE for reasonz that r my own + probly nt true bt hey itz my imagination(I thought she was blk)I really hate hw the movie came out it coulda been WWAAAAAYYY better I mean really. Bt like alwayz the book was soo much better then the moviez they shuld really fix that-reply by clechelle