xisto Community
kraizii88z

Tailgating Light Tell all those bastards to BACK OFF

I agree, Just trying to figure how easy and costly it

Tailgating Light

Ok, I also thought of the same idea. I always wanted to install two Rally type flood lights on the back of my car. Then hooked up via a switch on your dash. These lights should be so strong that once you flip the switch on, it takes the bulbs almost a second to fully power up. Using two of these flood lamps, it will be positioned up and towards the driver's side of a car behind you. This can be done by placing a car behind yours and setting their aim. Maybe aiming one of them a little higher to incorporate truck/SUV drivers. Two basic rules in using this setup. 1) Should leave this system as manual, not automatic so that the driver has full control of when the two lamps turn on. This switch should also be positioned near the steering wheel to improve accessibility. 2) When the driver turns on the two lamps, make sure there's not sporadic traffic ahead. Maybe even start accelerating as you turn on the two lamps. Either way, make sure you got control of the next thousand feet ahead of you before using the two lamps.

Result: Will blind the driver... As well as shock him. No one expects anyone to have such a setup. This shock and blindness will probably force him to brake hard (maybe even be rear-ended by the car behind him - sweet irony). The driver also could accelerate for whatever reason, therefore, make sure you have control of the next thousand feet ahead of you. The driver accelerating will not last long as for every second he is subjected to the two bright flood lamps, pain and the severity of his blindness will increase. He will have to avoid the two lamps by simply getting out of their line of sight, which is only aimed at driver height when a car is close.

Any ideas for installing a such a setup in a sedan or coupe?

-Glen Lawson

I've always had the idea of putting one of those LED marquee's in the back window of my car. Then I would have a keypad or something on my steering wheel and I would be able to type messages to the people behind me :)

The thing is people know they are tailgating and they do not care for the most part they just want to either get around you or annoy you. They want to intimidate you until you go faster or start to brake check them showing you are annoyed. The light will not do much unless it is bright and will make them back off somehow like jlhaslip explained about his. There are some people who do not realize they are sometimes which it may help but for the most part I think it will not make much money.