xisto Community
Roconza

Darn Chainletter

I can't help see there are more and more chain letter going around of late online and it's really bugging me,what is the point of this.I don't think chain letter happen in real life any more,so I can only guess it has moved to the online world now.I think it cute on DA because there just for fun but other seem pointless I'm not sure what goes threw people's minds when they do this but it seems the only thing you do is spam some one.There some thing that happen some times in my yahoo mail acount I get odd spam email from other users sending me links to all kinds of crazy things.The odd thing is I don't even use the chat rooms,I only use it once but it seemed full of more pervs then any thing so I never used it again but I still get spam e-mail from other users......WHY!?

it's called spam and the quickest method is to just delete it and move on, billions of spam get email on a daily basis, so they can trick you into getting your info. Like I said just delete and move on thats what I do, but sometimes if it's a new one or more inthe lines that they change the wording, I read it laugh and send a masty email right back with some choice words in it. :lol:

it's called spam and the quickest method is to just delete it and move on, billions of spam get email on a daily basis, so they can trick you into getting your info. Like I said just delete and move on thats what I do, but sometimes if it's a new one or more inthe lines that they change the wording, I read it laugh and send a masty email right back with some choice words in it. :lol:

All I believe they do if you respond back to them is propogate your email to other spambots, and further clog your inbox.

Spam. Don't get me started on spam. My email gets somewhere around 40 spam emails a day, likely because its posted on my website, but gmail filters out EVERYTHING which is really, really nice. Just delete it and move on, like Saint Michael said.

Yep, I get a good number of spam emails a day too...around 30 on average. It happens to just about everyone who's active in different places of the web, especially if you've signed up for any "free" offers at one point or another. Almost all spam emails give you the option to "opt out" and not recieve anything else from them, but lots of times I've noticed the emails never stop coming, or even worse, they sign you up for MORE spam.It's an awful awful place in the email world, you just have to learn to live with it, and find out ways to get around it.Personally I'd suggest switching from yahoo over to gmail. Gmail generally has a really good reputation for blocking spam email, and it's members are less likely to be spammers themselves. I'm sure this is largely in part of the invite system Gmail uses - you can only join if you get an invitation from a current Gmail member. BUT that's really no problem for normal people, because there are so many people using Gmail nowadays, and most people have all 50 of their invites unused [which get replenished every month, I think].If you want, I can send you one of my invites. :lol:

Actually, people still send and receive chain letters through the post office. They aren't very common compared to e-mail spam, but they still come and go for some bizarre reason. One would think that people would know better than to fall for this garbage, but apparently not. As for the e-mail: it's spam. Just delete it or enable your e-mail service's spam protection/folder. Yahoo! Mail is pretty good about dumping spam into the appropriate folder; I only ever see a few pieces of spam mail a day (compared to the thousand or so that end up, unseen, in my bulk mail folder).

Yes, i also use yahoo, and they are v good about dumping the spam in the right folder. I don't think you'll ever get away from spam, it's the nature of the beast. you get teh good with the slightly annoying. The best thing to do, is to not read the spam, and the spam with not bother you. Don't read teh chain letters, the cons, the advertisments, and the offers that raid your inbox day after day after day...Just get rid of em

Is chain mail the one where someone forwards a bunch of other messages that have been forwarded by someone else to someone else? Or is it those things that if you click on them they send more and more until you drown?

Which just reminds me, I got one of these 'chain-emails' from a friend of mine who said that microsoft would give him $10000 if he managed to get that email forwarded to a certain amount of addresses - yup, ridiculous that he could actually believe that, isn't it? Anyway, he desperately wanted to believe that, so I agreed to forward his e-mail - I just forwarded it to several of my own email addresses (I have quite a few) and so he was happy and I didn't bother anyone with the e-mail either.Of course it was very silly and he didn't receive any cash - how could he even believe something like that?? Anyway, it's not for me to say anything, experience teaches best, I think. The next time a chain letter pops into his inbox, no matter what it promises, he's going to be more wary of it.I'm just surprised people haven't learned yet. Makes you think of the 'millions in Nigeria' scams that still make the rounds. Wonder if people fall for those as well - I guess they do, arrgghh.

Which just reminds me, I got one of these 'chain-emails' from a friend of mine who said that microsoft would give him $10000 if he managed to get that email forwarded to a certain amount of addresses - yup, ridiculous that he could actually believe that, isn't it? Anyway, he desperately wanted to believe that, so I agreed to forward his e-mail - I just forwarded it to several of my own email addresses (I have quite a few) and so he was happy and I didn't bother anyone with the e-mail either.
Of course it was very silly and he didn't receive any cash - how could he even believe something like that?? Anyway, it's not for me to say anything, experience teaches best, I think. The next time a chain letter pops into his inbox, no matter what it promises, he's going to be more wary of it.

I'm just surprised people haven't learned yet. Makes you think of the 'millions in Nigeria' scams that still make the rounds. Wonder if people fall for those as well - I guess they do, arrgghh.

Spam no better than it was 10 years ago!

Gmail has the best spam filter in the world, with all the features you could want. TO AVOID THIS BEING INTERPRETED AS SPAM please check my other post under the 'email' section. but in gmail, if you gave your address to spammers, and it shows up in your inbox, just click, mark as spam. when you're ready, in the spam box, you could just click delete all spam messages now and kapoosh - all is gone. plus you can report abusive spam.

I do not understand why so many people are out to get our information? I guess it is just one of those things right? But still it is very annoying a some times I get 80 messages a day even if I mark them as spam they still come back!

i remember when i was in grade school, i got my very first chain letter. the internet hasn't reached our country yet back then, so i got an envelope that was passed in our room. one of my classmates passed me the envelope with the letter inside. when i opened the mail, most of my classmates backed off as if i was holding a bomb or something. naive as i was, i was totally into the story written in the letter and at the end of it, it was asking for a specific coin amount then i have to pass the letter again. later i realized it was just some prank. there were some letters made in highschool too, but people were smarter so not everyone really got into it.i remember reading stuff about wicca and good magick. it said that chain letters from emails that ask you to pass the letter so you would be rid of the curse is a way of spreading negative energy. it's not actually helping you to acquire good luck, but instead, it is giving you the opposite and traumatizing you (some people can be totally affected by the story included in the mail) and passing that to other people.i used to read chain mails before but when i got alarmed about the news of viruses being spread through email, i didn't open forwarded mails anymore, except mails that come from people i know. right now i don't open them at all because i'm too tired to open the mails. :lol:

i think spam drives every1 crazy. its just one of those things im afraid that lonely people tend to do because they have no intensions of a girl in their life, just a computer, to annoy people with. we should stand and laugh really, instead of gettin wound up about it.Xp10r3r_3X