xisto Community
Saint_Michael

Myspace Has A Team Of Hackers

I found this to be very interesting, a group of hackers routinly attack Myspace to find flaws and it looks like they have already started finding them :lol: I find it funny that they actually told Myspace that they were going to do this, although I doubt they could find them anyways. :lol: But again they already found one which has to do with the url set up of which I won't post because of the legality of it or the actual post they made about it on their site.

The problem involves URL (Uniform Resource Locator) spoofing. An attacker could build an official-looking MySpace page using MySpace's CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) editing features that's designed to solicit a person's log-in details. The fake page could have a URL that reads "https://myspace.com/browser

Most likey myspace has it already patch so you can't do it anyways. So for you myspacers watch out for your accounts. If you remember my post awhile about the flash hack, they did mention it by per chance, found it interesting that they do these monthly these on specific stuff like PHP or Apple, wonder what they will do next month Department of Defense :(.

Wow that is very interesting. Thankfully for me i just dont use myspace since i have no reason to. This just is a good reminder for all of us web developers and internet users that it never is safe and never will be. We all have flaws on our sites because we are not perfect and someone eventually will be able to find them and possibly exploit them.

this doesn't surprise me in the least. In fact, I would be surprised if they didn't have a group of hackers attempt to crack their site and let them know. It's actually a career one can persue, hacking can bring up security holes that companies will pay you to find. Of course if your getting paid to hack a site/computer/application you should have an idea on how to fix it too. I think it is a good thing that people are telling myspace about the security holes rather than exploiting them. Anyways, good discussion though, it sounds like many people didn't know about this :lol:.

There are several websites that post myspace hacks as soon as they come up, and people looking around the forums will be able to enjoy them for a couple of hours before myspace is able to patch it. Chances are that the best hacks aren't made public like that, but most hacks are usually just posted. All myspace has to do is google for myspace hacks or exploits, find the guide, and fix the problem accordingly.

One really annoying thing about myspace lately is that you get lots of comments about free gift cards, iphone, and lots of publicity from friends and the worst part of all is that they didnt even post them.

I don't know if they have a team of hackers... but that is true, they have a team of SPAMMERS!!!!! :P Too many people, friends of mine, recommend me to join to myspace, and after some months, I went to the register form and voil?!, a brand new account, and one person asking me to join to be my friend.I checked his profile, and see that he was part of the MySpace Team. Well, is good to have as "friend" one of the people of Tech Support, I think, so I accepted to join to my "friend ring".Well, one day after, about 35 girls was asking to join to my circle of friends. Hey, hey, hey!!! What is this? Lola... I don't remember she. Sondra..., Claudia..., WetPoozie.... oh, my, oh, my!I don't know if the Playboy Team reach to me, but certainly I think I that MySpace has inside a great community... of spammers. :P Better smile, than cry, we say here in my country. Be careful...

Geez, that's crazy. I have a MySpace account (I'm not super active though) and I see people that have been hacked post on my profile. Theres these links you can follow and when you go to the website you right away get your computer infected and you post ads for that same link that infected you on all your friends profiles... And you don't just do it once, you spam up their entire page! It's really annoying...Getting back to exploiting the flaws in your page, are there any simple precautions you can take to give hackers and wrong-doers a harder time to unravel your scripting and get into your business? I think it would be great in the tutorial section... If there is one a link would rock :P

Wow i did not konw that i have a myspace account but i don't go on it daily i usually go on once a week it is the only way for me to keep in touch with friends from high school.Well good thing myspace patched it up. There are some people out there that don't look at the links that they are clicking as long as it has the words FREE they will click and then next thing you know virus and you are one of those people on the commercials who was a victim of identity thief.