xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
velma

Suicide Bombers... Profession By Choice? Do they do it out of choice or forced

Without touching on the topic of religion, I think terroists are not in the profession by choice. Rather, I see them as weak-minded people, whose thoughts and convictions is easily sway. Like how they could be pysho-ed by the terroists leader to go around bombing others.

i doubt its more to do with a weak mind i think its all to do with a need to feel important like we are worth something. Its just one of those things people do because they have a void in side. We all have the void inside us and we usually find stuff to fill it with. SOme do drugs to fil the void some do alcohol some try drugs /alcohol but for some reason still feel the emptiness inside. So they turn to religion and its crucial that when they have this void the religion they turn to embraces and accepts them just the way they are and makes them feel whole. You see cause at this point they suddenly feel whole and its as if they owe that religious sect/church/ group somethign.and just like a relationship say a girl gives you the best sex ever and the most remantic love and attention she then says honey buy me a really expensive birthday present and when we say no she gets sad and we start to feel like we will loose her or we feel like we are about to loose the wholeness we have in her and the goodness we feel then we make stupid irrational decisions. Same with the suicide bombers, They feel they owe this religion that took them in and made them feel complete so what ever is asked of them they then feel like to prove they are commited they will do just that. Now I have nothing against the religions who practice suicide bombing because I know that even a christian would sacrifice their life for Jesus. Cause thats whats expected of them. If a soldier walked in with a gun and said denounce jesus's name or I shoot then most devout christias would sacrifice their lives than denounce Jesus. So they probably can be made into suicide bombers if a certain group started harming christians on a mass level. Its all about standing up for what you believe. Im not saying they are wrong or right but I think they are of sounbd strong mind just having a very different point of view of what it means to stand up for what you believe.

It is of choice I believe however but the intense pressure put on these boys, assuming you are talking about Iraq and those third world countries the only place they are accepted, and given money and food is at the mosque. These recruiters give them a chance to live and experience life, they give them a chance to pay back those men who gave them food and life. There are so many centers, and they not only use religion, but sense of duty and family. They make them feel uninimportant unless they give up their life. We can't understand that difference in America or other countries, even Japan had suicide fighters, those kamikazi pilots were the same, they were willing to give up their life for the greater end. Here in the US, our military doesn't have that much of a brainwashing program other than making us respect soldiers, these suicide bombers are the same, they start off as poor children and become these matyrs and others look upon them as heroes who have fallen against the West/

i guess in a way they are fallen heroes. because though it was an unsanctioned official war they did die from friendly fire (their own).I feel sorry that people can take advantage of each other and make lesser persons do such acts. I guess its the same in any army though. You get the bosses staying at home and the lower level army boys are sent to fight and die while the bosses control stuff by telephone. Do this do that. I know its a suicide mission but that gotta be done. Only difference is that they wear a uniform and are paid by the governement. but how different are they in principle outside of the extreme manner they achieve their goal.