xisto Community
rvovk

Optimal Speed

Hi, I wanted to make some measurment that would eliminate my connection (Slovenia --> USA) so I decided to measure download speeds with DU Meter. I figure out some interesting values. See examples: -speed of Xisto - Web Hosting -speed of rvovk subdomain @ Xisto - Web Hosting where first part of graph is speed of Xisto - Web Hosting and second is subdomain (rvovk) Interesting that peak of your host is max speed of my ADSL and peak of subdomain is ten times (or more) lower. I payed 100$ for 3 years at Xisto - Web Hosting. Hopefully you will find speed solution for my hosting solution at Xisto - Web Hosting. Regards, Robert

Hello, I guess ping hasn't lot effect on a speed of your hosting. Today I was talking with some experts who work for some communication companies and ISPs that problem can be in overbooking (maybe making priorirty or QoS for important clients). Your hosting become very slow in morning and noon - afternoon @ your local time. At the moment download speed of your host is 6kB/s (see printscreen at). You can see example of speed of my site at Please respond with further solution. Best regards, Robert

Navajanje "support@Xisto - Web Hosting.com" <support@Xisto - Web Hosting.com>: > Hello Robert, > > Thanks for writing to Support team. > > I did checked and seems to be domain is working too fine. > > The ms is below 29 as I did checked it from URL > http://centralops.net/co/Ping.aspx. > > Please verify the same and let us know if still any doubts. > > Thanks for your patience and great co-operation. > > Thanks > Steven > Support. > > Ticket Details > =================== > Ticket ID: YRJ-505686 > Department: Xisto - Web Hosting Support > Priority: High > Status: On Hold

Edited by OpaQue
Added quote tags (see edit history)

ComputingHost internet backbone is OC-192 (9.6 gigabits per second). Therefore, you should not be getting what you have tested out.

Download meter does not calculate the actual server transfer bandwidth limit but the packet receiving rate from you to the next node. For example, this could be your configuration:

your PC--ISP--ISP node1--ISP node2--country node--international node--USA incoming node--state node--Xisto - Web Hosting

As you can see, there are so many other factors involved that can contribute to your slow speed. If Xisto - Web Hosting was actually slow, I too would get the similar speed. But for the past 24 hours I have been averaging 700kbps download and 420kbps upload (using 4mb dl and 700kb ul ISP).

So the conclusion is that something else must be contributing to your issue. Please state at which local time you have tried and see if anyone in your area is experiencing the similar result. Some firewall programs can contribute to extra slow speed.

Test your internet speed at https://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ and choose California, CA as your testing ground. And compare to your ISP claimed speed.

using Cable DSL, 12:00 Noon @ GMT -6hrs. Speakeasy gives me:Los Angeles : Download Speed: 2098 kps download, Upload Speed: 517 kbps using Cable DSL. San Francisco : Download Speed: 1060 kbps, Upload Speed: 523 kbps Seattle : Download Speed: 3116 kbps, Upload Speed: 571 kbpsJust posted this info to show you how different Servers can perform differently, ceterus paribus, The Server distance alone doesn't seem to matter. Seattle is the closest to me, Los Angeles the farthest, San Francisco in the middle, but the performance differs not by distance. There are many factors invovled in determining speeds on the Internet. Perhaps there are no other users on my Local network sharing the pipe. Or perhaps, as BH suggests, there are other users on the same leg of our service at the same time sharing the bandwidth ... or the restriction could be any place along the route.

A friend of mine bought CH hosting recently....he says the mysql databases have been going down? Or something?

We solved by opening the ports and giving access permissions.