xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Yratorm, LightMage

How To Escape A Bad Situation (by Fighting Or Fleeing) The second in a series on practical self-defense

I'm going to state an obvious point here, but I'm stating it because it is CRUCIAL.The point is that you MUST have foot-wear that you CAN run in - always. If you wear high heels, or shoes that you cannot run in, understand that you are removing your option of fleeing a situation. This is NOT a good idea. A hostile situation can arise at any time - you MUST have the option of fleeing.

I understand that people wish to look good, so by all means buy shoes that fit your taste, but just make sure they are shoes that you can run in at close to your optimal speed as well. I'm stressing this point so much because it is CRUCIAL. The way to deal with a hostile situation is fight OR flight - if you remove the option of fleeing by wearing shoes that make it impossible, you are reducing your chances of SURVIVAL. Don't do that.

I am always wearing shoes when I go somewhere now.....You scared me....and those pictures look like phoney ninjas.....xDDDDDD

I suggest that you never ever flee. It is just plain out cowardly. I suggest you fight no matter the situation. I hate people who. Now if you were getting bombed thats a whole different situation, if you are getting bombed then by all means, run, run for your life, run like your life is going to end (which it will if you don't run)!!!! But fleeing when there is no excuse, that is pathetic, you fight!! Fight and win!!!!

i'm not suporting your point of view ...supose you're taking a walk with your girlfriend...or somebody close to you you can't tell us that you would be tented to enter in a fight with someone, and also know that the person next to you is uncapable to defend herself, sometimes evading a fight is the best option, also, when entering in a fight be sure that you are the winner, here are some books for you : "The art of war" and "Chaos theory" try to understand the good side of those lessons ,............ survival , self preservation, we can call this prime concept of modern man