xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
pointblank

Inhalers Can Become Addictive

I've experienced this. Had a stuffy nose and my girl gave me an inhaler to clear up my nostrils. I used it and kept on using it after even tho the flu was gone I realised that I always walked with it and kept inhaling... Until a friend of mine told me that it's addictived, I really noticed.Has anyone ever noticed that or had experiences?

I haven't experienced this before, but I've seen people getting cold when they use the inhaler used by the other person. So inhalers must be personal.

I haven't experienced this before, but I've seen people getting cold when they use the inhaler used by the other person. So inhalers must be personal.

Well i've used my girls inhaler on many occasions and never caught the cold. So i'm not too sure

You shouldn't use an inhaler unless your doctor gives you one. Even if you use an inhaler, don't use someone else's especially if its not the same kind. Even if it is the same kind, its not okay to use someone else's. But all that aside:I have been using an inhaler for a long time because i have Asthma. I am supposed to use it twice, every 6 hours. Its actually NOT okay to use it more then that. When they show the stereotypical kids and people in movies, and the person is inhaling constantly through out the film, it's not correct and you could have a heart reaction. But once again, all that aside:I have never been addicted to it, honestly i don't even take it all the time, even though i should, and am actually supposed to. I like the taste, i'll admit that but i don't use it more then my doctor says. The only time i have used it wrongfully is when i was wanting a high, and didn't have anything- so i just took a bunch of puffs, but all it did was make me dizzy and my heartbeat fast.But yeah, don't use an inhaler unless it is your OWN, and your doctor prescribed it. Your girl wasn't very smart letting you use it.

You shouldn't use an inhaler unless your doctor gives you one. Even if you use an inhaler, don't use someone else's especially if its not the same kind. Even if it is the same kind, its not okay to use someone else's. But all that aside:
I have been using an inhaler for a long time because i have Asthma. I am supposed to use it twice, every 6 hours. Its actually NOT okay to use it more then that. When they show the stereotypical kids and people in movies, and the person is inhaling constantly through out the film, it's not correct and you could have a heart reaction. But once again, all that aside:

I have never been addicted to it, honestly i don't even take it all the time, even though i should, and am actually supposed to. I like the taste, i'll admit that but i don't use it more then my doctor says. The only time i have used it wrongfully is when i was wanting a high, and didn't have anything- so i just took a bunch of puffs, but all it did was make me dizzy and my heartbeat fast.

But yeah, don't use an inhaler unless it is your OWN, and your doctor prescribed it. Your girl wasn't very smart letting you use it.

not those types of inhalers. I'm talking about the vicks inhalers you use to get rid of your stuffy nose

Yep, those inhalers are addictive. I have a friend who has been using one of these inhalers since he was like 5, he's 21 now. He carries it everywhere. He suggested to another friend of ours to use it cause he had a stuffy nose and it worked. Then a week later we noticed he still had it, so my friend that's been addicted told him that stuff is addictive dude quit using it before you're like me. haha. Anyways, I believe that it is addictive. I think chapstick is addictive too because I can't seem to go more than a day without it or I'll go crazy.

Man seriously, you people need to smarten up a bit. I know you're all into drugs and all that, but sometimes it's wise to just say no to a piece of candy.Also you shouldn't need those inhalers unless you've got asthma. But why don't use the humble lozenge? that works doesn't it?

Edited by csp4.0 (see edit history)