xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
assasinkilla

Your Opinion About Mac Computers

Uh...They're good for editing stuff? Macs are very annoying, and saying that you can just run Windows on them is just dumb. Why pay for 2 operating systems? Here's a breif comparison...Macs:Pros:Good editing softwareGood for people who don't know how to use a computerCons:ExpensiveNot much other softwareWindows:CheapLots of softwareCons:People who can't use a comp tend to get lots of viruses and malwareI don't know if I should put this under the cons section, but my experience with mac software has been very frustrating. When I wanted to play starcraft at my cousin's house, I used disk utility to make an image on one of his comps. All it did was complete the process and say that the file was corrupt. This only happened with brood war, as I was able to made .dmgs out of other discs. Great software!More recently, my cousin wanted to play WCIII on his macbook. He could put the CD in and it would install just fine, but when I would try to actually open the application, it would change my resolution like normal, flash a couple times, then exit saying something like "an error in this program has occured, but has not affected any other MacOSX programs", then eject the disc. Good luck fixing any of your problems, because people will refuse to blame their precious OSX for any problems and just say "well it never happened to me".

What people don't get is mac has the longest history with computers, which kind of means they have the most experience. although windows is easy to use and very common, macs just have everything. if you know how to use a mac, its easy. on the other hand, most people dont know how to use them because they are so different from windows. although windows has set a standard, mac has exceeded it by including many features and so many helpful programs.as for parallel desktop, or bootcamp in some macs, i dont believe you need to buy the os, it can just run it. so there is no downside to it. but because windows became so popular, apple did not stand a chance. they cost more and they dont have the same compatibility as windows machines do. and dont get me wrong, i like windows, but all the stupid viruses are just plain annoying, that is why i switch to macs, but still use a dell for windows stuff. however, i do use all windows programs with my dell. as i said before i haven't had to install xp for it, so i dont believe that you should have to. to answer those questions i would suggest going to http://www.apple.com/ and locating an apple store near you and talking to the mac geniuses. the apple store near me has helped me with multiple things, and their customer service is unbeatable. so, to me, mac is the best way to go, but not the only way. it all depends on what you need to do.graphics wise, mac dominates, but windows can run faster, but it uses more resources. macs are more expensive, but come with great features, while windows are cheap (you can get em for like $200-300 baseline...) and almost everything is written for them, however you will still find support for programs in most new programs/versions (mainly within a year of the last update) at least all the programs i use have mac compatibility.

What do you want to do with your new computer? Get work done or constantly try and keep your computer working? Get a Mac. I made the move to Mac over 6 years ago and have never looked back. The arguments over price don't hold true when you look at what you get. Security, performance, applications (such as iPhoto, iDVD, iMovie, iCal, iTunes, iSync, Mail), ease of use, unix robustness, etc. There is plenty of software available for the Mac. Thousand of commercial software, open source, and shareware. Check out http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to get a good idea of how much software is available.

other than compatibility issues, MACS ARE GREAT..never used one before..but from what i hear, the performance is great ^^ it runs fine, not many problems etc etcand compatibility is no longer a big issue on the newer macs, they use intel processors, and you can install windows on it too. if you want to run a windows program while using the mac OS, just use a emulator like virtual pc, it works fine ^^when considering whether to buy a pc or mac...well, its a hard choice =) both have their pros and cons...but sooner or later its just going to be..say, like choosing between Dell and HP ><" because compatibility is no longer a big issue, they've already started using the same processors...they're getting more similar. so its alright to just leave it up to what you prefer, if you like mac, or wanna try it. i say go for it! ^^

Ok as a mac user all my life, I might be a little biased. But you should still hear me out. I've used both the mac and windows operating system. They are both flawed in my opinion. And I'll tell you why... Windows: Total crap. Probably my least favorite operating system. If your going to get a dell, sony, gateway, or another computer with windows pre-installed, get rid of it! My best advice to get the most out of your machine is download linux. First of all, windows doesn't seem to understand the meaning of getting the most out of a monitor. Even if a monitor can get a higher resolution, they limit you to how much you can actually get... And why the hell is the default something usually like 800x600. Maybe 10 years ago that was an OK res, on my mac my resolution is 1920x1200. You people who keep it at 800x600 are forcing web designers and websites to be compatible with your crappy resolution. When I tell other people who use PC's to up their res to at least as big as windows LETS you put it, they are like "oh my god thats so small", and they set it back.. These people will never be editors, and in my opinion they phail at life. Go to hell 800x600 users!Macs: Macs have the great GUI, and the great res, but like windows, there are a lot of hidden files and system stuff they keep away from you. They let you change more than windows, but still I'd prefer an os where everything the OS needs to run is visible to me. It is still my second fav operating system. So i come to my conclusion:If you have the money, buy a mac, and install linux on it. Thats all you'll ever need.

Well if you care about the way your desktop operates and how it looks and stuff like that then I would probably get the mac computer. In the past I have used the following OS's, Mac, linux, windows, and hopfully in the future, Altimit. Out of them the easiest to use was teh windows version, there weren't to many problems with it. It was easy to manage. next would be linux because I thought it was pretty cool, but it did seem to get more viruses a lot easier. So thats why I like windows better. But mac did funtion pretty cool. I liked mac pretty much. But right now I'm using wondows. Linux just screwed up my computer and I don't plan on ever using it again. Well theres my suggestions for you (updated).

I used to be an anti-mac person until i became a hard core programmer. From a programmer's view, macs are the way to go unless you want Linux. They are very similar except Macs have a good backing and support that Linux does not. Also, most applications are for both windows and macs. Finally, if there are applications that dont work for the Mac OS, you can dual boot macs with Windows now with a utility called Boot Camp that Apple released. Macs are making a good stance but are not for the novice user. If you are good with computers and understand Linux at all, then a mac will work great for you.

My Opinion... IT'S A WASTE OF MONEY!Going Apple seems to be a trend nowadays. But why shell out hard earned Money when you can custom build your own system that's just as good for half the price?And talk about applications, there is no real need to buy software when you can run Windows and use some of the thousands of free ones out there.And talk about repairs, parts are more expensive. I had an issue here at work where we needed to replace some RAM modules. They are about 5 times more expensive and regular RAM won't work in them because of the ECC feature and recommended heatsink.

A Mac PC consists of two different parts, one is its software and another is the hardware which each one may have its advantages and its disadvantages.

About hardware : the hardware will cost you more than what you can get if you buy each of case components separately from markets and then assembling them yourself, the monitor comes with Apple brand but just doesn't worth the price you pay currently a 27 inches LED monitor from apple costs you above 900$ but you can get a samsung one with same inches just for 400$ so you pay more than double but do you get more than double too? no, you don't, i can say when i saw a Samsung and Apple 27 inch LED together i found that samsung is even better in displaying colors so you have just paying for the "NAME" and you don't get anything for that 500$ more you pay. this is not the only problem, the keyboard apple makes are in same price with those Logitech makes (both wired and wireless) but just give Logitech a try and you will find while apple is trying to make all of its equipments in white color, Logitech tries to make them durable and astonishing fast response, just ask professional game players , those who have a Mac PC have replaced their keyboards with logitech ones for better performance.

Inside the case you get equipments which aren't built by Apple so you can just ask the price of each equipment (like cpu, ram , ...) and after summing all of them you will find saving money if you get them separate and assemble them yourself so don't think a simple assembling that Apple has done worth to pay a lot more money. and just search google and you will find some amazing result an iMAC with these specification : 2.93GHz Intel Core i7 - 27 inches display - 4GB of ram comes with ATI 4670 and you will think why they are providing their high performance PC with little graphic cards ? i will say to you later in software review but just let see how much you have to pay for this : 2200$ , so good luck and buy it! with buying it you will save about a suitcase space in your house because it doesn't have any case but you have payed just a little too much for it.

About software : now lets talk a little about their operating system MAC OSx , i said they implement low performance graphic card in their PC, i think they do it because they do not think anyone with a MAC OSx will be able to play any game :D so why they should put powerful graphic card in it ? you may search a game + mac in google and you find a lot of results but before getting surprised first see the OS, they all have installed XP or win7 on their macs, do not forget you have payed for software too so when you again pay for another OS , you have payed double for hardware and double for software ! now i always said MAC OSx is simple and easy to use but when you get familiar with PC you will find it not able to do many things and you go buy a windows, so i suggest you to do that thing in the beginning.

There's a ton of misconceptions about Apple's computers. Everything good people have to same about them is usually off, and the negatives usually seem to be falsities as well.The most common things that people with a Mac will tell you is how much easier Osx is to use rather then Windows, They are basically the same, Osx can now run most programs aimed at Windows computers, the real differences between Osx and Windows is really all artificial things that make no difference in your experience. Apple has also finally caught up on the hardware side of things.Another thing that Mac users will love to tell you is that there aren't many viruses, this is false. I have many friends who waste away every day writing viruses, keyloggers, and rats. While their best selling rats and keyloggers tend to be for Windows just because people know Windows is more widely used, they will tell you that they personally love to get their Mac viruses out on the web, because most Mac users have this false sense of security and will download anything they think will work.So with that in mind all that's really setting a Mac and a Sony all-in-one pc apart from each other Is price, the Mac is far more over priced then any greedy pc producer out there, there's nothing wrong with getting a Mac as long as you are aware that there is a lot of viruses out there, and you have the extra money to spend.

I was a PC (as in Windows) advocate about a year ago and never would buy a mac unless I absolutely NEED one. I used to think how any Windows user would think: "Mac is too expensive" "Mac doesn't have much program" "Mac is useless" etc. etc...But a while ago I bought the mid-2010 Macbook Pro for my arrangements for a music group. And my whole perspective of Mac changed. There are WAY more programs now than anybody can think of, and there is much more functionality than Windows. Especially for multimedia, Mac is the way to go.I don't think you (or any other people) should buy a Mac if they are looking for a "better" computer. Because Windows machines' specs can be customized, I think purpose of gaming, document processing and networking should be with Windows. However, if anybody is looking for a computer that specializes in multimedia (music, visual art, films, etc.), they should go for Mac for the functionality and specs designed for those purposes.But, if anybody tells me to go back to PC, I'll just say "no." It's quite comfortable to use once you get used to it =]-Jori

I don't use macs, but I would tell you not to buy it. Mainly because there is almost nothing out there for macs. Everything is built for PCs first and then a few months later (if you don't have a windows emulator) it comes out for macs. Yes they do run better and get less viruses (because people make viruses for PCs not macs, not because they can't get viruses, they can) and they are pretty neat, but the biggest downfall to them is that they don't run most programs. I heard that the new imacs or something can run PC programs, but I haven't confirmed that yet. So it really depends on what you are doing. If you want to download programs off the internet its usually not a good idea to get a mac, most people don't program for macs, but if you just plan for word processing and other stuff other than games, then a mac may be a good choice.

t3jem i agree with you.