xisto Community
Ridwan sameer

Any Good Free Offline Pc Games?

me and most of the other posters here are not sure whether you don't mind paying or you don't want to. if you don't want to pay a good game which you can download for free is Hitman2 Demo. I downloaded the Hitman 2 demo and it is pretty fun. you only get the first level but it is still heaps of fun.if you don't mind paying then don't buy games of the internet. go to a shop they have much bigger varieties. but if you really want to buy it of the internet use ebay.

Guys, he is asking for free games. Total War and CnC are not free. That's why I mentioned Glest, it's pretty good for the price (which is nothing)

He does not care about the price!! Can't you read he says that he is a true gamer and therefore the price does not matter.

It depends actually on your computer performances and the genre you want to play,you say you want something like Age Of Empires,i played one "strategy" game called Company Of Heroes back in time it was cool game(for me) if you want do a research and try it out

40000 Warhammers : War of Dawn is a great game too, here some info about it :

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War is a Real Time Strategy game for the PC developed by Relic Entertainment and published by THQ. Based on Games Workshop's popular tabletop wargame, Warhammer 40,000, Dawn of War was released in 2004. Since then two expansion packs have been released: Winter Assault in 2005 and Dark Crusade in 2006.

Dawn of War features four armies:

Space Marines; the campaign features the Blood Ravens, and leading them are Captain Gabriel Angelos and Librarian Isador Akios. Space Marines rely on high morale, tough and versatile but expensive infantry and superior vehicles.

Orks; several clans are featured in the campaign, and leading them is Ork Warboss Orkamungus. Orks in Dawn of War rely on a tremendous amount of infantry, with the typical "Wave of Green" removing the need to micromanage an army. The tech tree for Orks is a bit different than the one for the other races. It relies on the amount of orks currently in your army (the more the better) and the number of erected WAAAGH! banners.

Eldar; the campaign features the craftworld of Biel-Tan, and their leader, Farseer Macha. Eldar in DoW are fast and have highly specialized troops, which are superior when used correctly by micromanaging. They are also able to move quickly across the map via webway gates.

Chaos Space Marines or simply, Chaos; the campaign features the Alpha Legion, with their leaders, Sindri Myr and Lord Bale. The Chaos Space Marines in Dawn of War use heavy and skilled close combat troops, morale-draining daemons and powerful psychic powers.

Dawn of War introduces the Blood Ravens, an original chapter of Space Marines created by Games Workshop. The Blood Ravens' history, organization, and other background information about them are described in the magazine White Dwarf (White Dwarf, 2004) as well as the novel Dawn of War (Goto, 2004).

The Single Player campaign deals with the Blood Ravens 3rd Company who are called to assist against an Ork invasion on the planet Tartarus. This eventually pulls them into conflict with the Eldar and finally the forces of Chaos.

i cant stop playing it,

Starcraft brood wars ( its an expension pack ) but if u want info on that google it cuz ppl may consider my post then as spam...

thank you for sharing

Hey Sameer,why dont you play "Rome total war.it is really a good game.If you are connected to the internet then you can even play this game online.You can see a video on it in youtube and then buy it.Just type "rome total war gameplay" in the box on the top,behind the youtube logo.If you want i will give you one of the video's link.Here it is:- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and also try this:- http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ hope you enjoy this game!!! But still i recommend you to see the video of games on youtube and hunt on it if you are satisfied.

yes there are many free games you can play offline, here i will suggest some with a little introduction for each :1. Spelunky : an action-aventure game, in game you will play as a spelunker who is exploring caves for finding treasure and other things, the first version was really weak on graphic but recent ones is just great and very fun to play. you have to avoid from enemies and some other type of traps like things, the game is very fun to play with its many items and feature. for example by combining of some items you can get a special ability, some times you need to steal them from a shop, if you do that the person in the shop will become your enemy. the game is just very addictive with its 2D graphics but don't think that being 2D is a disadvantage because when you play it you will understand how much addictive this game is.2. World of Goo : if you don't heard of it till now then it is better for you to download it just right now, one of my favorite games based on some physics, you have to make a structure to reach some goo balls to a pipe which gets them in it. doing this is simple in first stages but as the levels go up you will find making that construction is not so much easy, specially when you will face a few number of goo to produce your structure and sometimes you will face some other problems like wind or gravity which will destroy your structure if it is not well built. this game even has a story, which is a beautiful one too and you have to find it yourself.3. Savage 2 : as i see you are trying to find a free alternative for age of empires or such RTS games, then savage 2 is just fitting you, it is a combination of FPS , RTS and RPG so it is a real good game, even with its engine based on open GL the graphics are completely acceptable and i suggest you to play it. the main advantage of this game is that you even can do the fights in FPS, so you can controll your character as a first person shooter game and just kill the enemies with a little army. in most levels you have to destroy command center of enemy to win the round. the controlling system is a little different from regular RTS games but if you play it for some hour you will find it more comfortable rather than some games like age of empires also as it has RPG elements in it so you can even do anything you want with a character. Anyway finding a free game is a real hard work, it needs a lot of developers working together to make a game like half life but doing that for free is most of the times impossible and this is why we can not see very high graphics free games. by the way if you like to play free games then you should know most of free games are puzzle type or something like this and games like COD and BF doesn't come for free and i don't think ever we can find a free alternative for COD.