xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Phpmyadmin Port?

As far as I know phpmyadmin does not have a specific port that you can use. I think it always requires you to login to cpanel because whenever my browser annoyingly closes, it never loads unless I retype in my login information.

I personally use *your domain here*:2082 or *your domain here*/cpanel to enter in a cPanel X interface where i have phpMyAdmin plugin installed.

If you haven't phpMyAdmin configured , you can download it from https://www.phpmyadmin.net/ :) Then you will need to choose some settings to get your server connected (port,name,user,pass) :)

Hope i helped.

PhpMyAdmin is a PHP script that many webmasters and database administrators use to manage a MySQL database instance. It is improper to think that PhpMyAdmin itself listens on a specific port because that is what a web server does. The web server typically has a scripting language execution engine that the web servers can hand off a request to. If you are using PhpMyAdmin or any other PHP script, there's a PHP script execution engine that takes over from the web server. Apache, nginx, FastHTTPd, and the Microsoft Internet Information Services (included with the Microsoft Windows Server operating system family and with professional editions of Microsoft Windows) are examples of web servers. Common convention is to run a web server listening on port 80, but system administrators can decide to run the web server on a different port either for security reasons (security through obscurity, in this case) or because they want to have multiple web servers running (you can have all of the web servers that have been listed above running on the same server and listening on different ports on just about any platform, or you can use virtualization to have each of the web servers running on different platforms) or simply because they want to have the web servers wired up differently through a router.A MySQL database server is not very unlike a web server in that it listens for requests on a specific port. The difference is that a web server takes in HTTP requests as input and a database server takes in SQL requests as input. A web server serves web content (documents written in the HyperText Markup Language, images, and other content) whereas a database server serves data as output. As mentioned by a forum guest, MySQL typically listens on the TCP port 3306.Depending on whether you mean the port for phpMyAdmin or MySQL, the answer to your question is the default TCP port 80 for phpMyAdmin running on a web server, such as Apache or Microsoft's Internet Information Services, or the default TCP port 3306 for the MySQL server database.cPanel is simply an interface to administer your web server. You can look up the link to phpMyAdmin and bookmark the link within your web browser to access it quickly - that may be one way to get to phpMyAdmin rather quickly. An alternative would be to set up another instance of phpMyAdmin and get it to run on your web hosting account. You can do much more with this second option because you can alter the source code of phpMyAdmin to run without a password if a request comes from a specific IP address, which means that the administrators connecting from your office do not have to specify a password and can simply click on a bookmark. Another possibility is to add features to phpMyAdmin to email data to yourself within a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet - assuming you can setup a cron job on your web hosting account, you would be able to get the email to be sent to you at specific intervals too.