xisto Community
-[Nero]-

Ragi Walnut Bread Delicious and Healhty Bread.

I got this recipe of baking this healthy bread and though of sharing it with you all since its healty. :lol: First, you'll need to prepare the sponge.Ingredients:450grams of bread flour7grams of instant dry yeast260grams of cold water(if your staying in a cold climate country, normal or warm water will be better)At the room temperature of 24?C, Mix all of the ingredients until it forms a slighty rought dough. Ferment it for about 4hours at room temperature until the dough has raised 3times its original size. This will be called a SPONGE.Next, you need to do the main dough for your bread.Ingredients: 450grams of RAGI Flour14grams of instant dry yeast63grams of wheat gluten350grams of cold water(if your staying in a cold climate country, normal or warm water will be better)18gram of salt70grams of sugar45grams of milk powder90grams of butter(unsalted)90grams of egg(mix the white and yolk then weight)15grams of bread improver180grams of walnuts(chopped).Place all the dry ingredients(RAGI Flour, instant dry yeast, wheat gluten, salt, sugar, milk powder, bread improver, chopped walnuts), SPONGE, egg and water into the mixer at a slow speed.Mix all the ingredients together. Use the dough hook.Then, change to medium speed and mix for about 5minutes. Add the butter gradually and mix until a dough is developed. It is important to check for gluten. To check, take a small portion of the dough and slowly spread it with your fingers until a thin layer is formed and it does not break easily. Gluten is formed if the thin layer is elastic. If you cant get the thin elastic layer, mix few minutes more.Rest the dough for 10minutes and scale it to 4 or more pieces at 500grams each.Round up all of dough pieces and rest for more 10minutes.Flatten the dough and roll it into a swiss roll shape about 30centimeters long. Cut it into 3 piece and place it in crosswise into a sandwich tin.Prove for 45minutes to 60minutes in a prover at 37?C until the dough rises to 1centimeter from the top of the pan. Then spread oil over the dough with oil(prefered vegetable oil).Bake the dough for 25minutes-30minutes.After baked, cut and enjoy. Best to be eaten together with curry.ENJOY!! :lol:

Although it looks like a good recipe and all that but unless your a scientist not to many that I am aware of have items in their kitchen to determine if you have the right about of grams for this reciepe maybe doing some convert to tablespoons, or cups will help out :lol:.

Grams are used pretty much everywhere but America, Mike. You can probably get measuring tools that have both too.Interesting recipe, but I'm not really a fan of walnuts. =/

Grams are used pretty much everywhere but America, Mike. You can probably get measuring tools that have both too.
Interesting recipe, but I'm not really a fan of walnuts. =/

Really I love walnuts. Anyway nice recipe, even though i cannot cook at all maybe I will look into that and try it sometime soon!!! Maybe my mom can make it for me ?