xisto Community
Kubi

T-shirt Design Contest With Prize

I'm making T-Shirts for my website On Target Design. I'd like some input on the design going in it.

Here are some rules

I'd like the design to be Tech. Circuit board kind of tech, semi-complex lines/circles/squares/ect.

Design must consist of 1 primary color. No white/blue, red/white mixes. If your main color is red, the entire thing must be red.

Design must fit on the front of the T-Shirt. Middle aligned preferably, but other alignment is fine.(No bottom/top).

Design must be shown as an example on this shirt

Posted Image

You must include the original artwork separate from the t-shirt as well.

Design may only be on 1 side.

The text must include "On Target Design" and "ot-design.net", somewhere on the front.

If you want you can even make the design, the actually text. So the design forms "On Target Design", so to speak.

There IS a prize. The person who's design I choose will be printing on a dozen+t-shirts, and re-distributed/sold to people. You though will get a free shirt for winning. The sizes are large. I may ask for shipping charged - but probably not.

If you have anymore questions just ask. Please be aware that I'm going to be picky about this, sence I'm paying money to get these printed. I think it's quite an honor, or ego-boost, if you will to have your design on a shirt. I may ask you to change colors, or certain aspects of the design. Please make sure it goes with the black shirt.(Dark-Blue works very well). Please do not brand the design with your name/logo.

EDIT: When the design goes on the t-shirt(As the example) it will be "actual" size, so please be cautious about how big you make it.

Ok, thank you.

Here is my attempt. I'm not entirely sure its what you are looking for, I took the tech/circuit board thing kinda literally. I chose a bright orange becuase it stands out quite well and looks OK on black. Of course, ultimately it is up to you what colour you want, and I can easily change it.

Posted Image

And a close up of the design:

Posted Image

I was also thinking of putting that sort of target logo in the top left corner of the design, but I couldn't find the shape or graphic anywhere.

Anyway, am I heading in the right direction, or shall I start again :P

By the way, if you're interested, I made that circuit to pick numbers for the National Lottery, but it doesn't work (I left out two resistors).

WOW! That's awesome! The Circuit board was actually what I was looking for. I'm very satisfied with the design. Could you please show me it in 2 other colors? Red And Blue. I believe mid-color blue or red would work. Is there a possibility you could try the same design, but just a tad more complex? Just as adding more transistors or such. If you can't, that's ok too. I really like what you have.Very interesting idea about the lottery. Is it just randomized? Or do you have some sequence the numbers are picked in?(BTW, orange was the main color of OT-D 1.0, nice job.)

I have tried a mid-blue, red and the dark blue you suggested in the original post just to see what it would look like.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can make the design more complex on Monday when I have access to a computer with the design software on it. They will only come out as outlines of the components though. As for the lottery circuitry, that was two DIL 18 pin PICs programmed to cycle through the numbers 0 to 9 (on the right) and 0 to 4 (on the left) when a PTM switch was pushed the display paused for 2 seconds, displaying whatever number each PIC was currently on. There is a slight unfairness in that numbers are more likely to come up if they required more segments of the display to be changed from the previous number. In reality this made very little difference and it worked quite well, it looked random to anyone who saw it.

Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)

The images don't work :P. I PMed the links to the company, and he said they couldn't view them. Could you please try imageshack or photobucket?

I'm not a fan of contest work, frankly, but I hope you get some good entries. I've been thinking about designing my own t-shirts...it's much cheaper than buying designer clothes, and I can put my own work and ideas into it. All you need is special paint for the fabric. <3

That design is amazing! Very nice job. I really like the orange and black.One thing is watch that top right and bottom left tangent. Its cut off just a little bit and has a speckle of color on the bottom left. On the top right its barley cut off. You should make the gap bigger or close it up.I REALLY like it though and would buy a shirt like that. Great design.