xisto Community
Full.Clip

Cigarette Smoking Ads on TV make you want to quit but not easily done

Try herbal cigarrettes--they are nothing but tobacco (like the Native Americans smoked) and they are not dangerous because they don't have any nicottine, or rat poisen, or tar, or whatever they shove in those cigarrettes these days...

Actually, the tobacco inserted into today's cigarrettes in the USA are genetically engineered to increase their addictiveness, IIRC. In other countries it seems to be different. Worse or better, my friend cannot tell.

A simple way to stop smoking:

Just don't smoke anymore!

I'm 100% serious.

Considering i have never smoked it's hard for me to put myself in the position of someone who has, however what i do know is that it's never as simple as smoking your last whenever you want. A relative of mine died from lung cancer due to smoking which was something very common indeed.

I don't see the point in smoking, however i accept people who do as it's their choice (unless was caused by peer pressure from other people which is the factor in many cases).

It's like alcoholism or drug taking. Going cold turkey is one of the most difficult things your body can handle both mentally and physicaly.

Try herbal cigarrettes--they are nothing but tobacco (like the Native Americans smoked) and they are not dangerous because they don't have any nicottine, or rat poisen, or tar, or whatever they shove in those cigarrettes these days...
Try some form of deep breathing. This helps destress the body and remove toxins from the airways.

The only way to truly stop an addiction is to stop it at an instinctual level. The people who have long-term success in avoiding cigarrettes are the ones you just had a cigarette in hand one day, and BEFORE THEY EVEN THOUGHT ABOUT IT, they put it down, and never picked one up again.

It was their instinct, and their spiritual discipline that gave them the ability not to smoke again.

I'm sorry, but I need to correct you before too many people get confused. Herbal cigarettes are, as the name implies, herbal. They do not contain any tobacco. Some of them contain a mix of tobacco and herbs, but since nicotine comes from tobacco naturally, it follows that these cigarettes also contain that very addictive substance. Herbal cigarettes, in my opinion, are even more disgusting then nasty mainstream American cigarettes, but if you can tolerate them, then that's one way, I suppose, you can ween yourself off the tobacco ones while still keeping the "habit". Note, though, that smoke being inhaled into the lungs still is damaging to the lungs no matter what you smoke.

STOP SMOKING!! there is NOTHING good to smoking, it ruins your life. Chew sunflower seeds instead.

I dont know if this actually works, but it worked for me... kind of. I had a huge addiction to video games, I would always have the newest system the first day it came out and I would buy lots of video games. I would play lots of hours, it really was an addiction...... What I did was, I changed my addiction to something healthier. Try a sport or something, something that you can always have in your head to stop your addiction from being in your head all the time. I replaced my video game addiction to a music production addiction, I am always thinking about music and the next controller I am going to buy and songs I like. Well, I still play games, but no I feel like I am the one in control, I play them when I want to play them, not just because I feel like I need to play a video game.

Nowadays, younger and younger generations of people are smoking, some as young as 7 or 8. Either it's caused by peer pressure from their mates or by getting addicted to passive smoke by their parents for example. I dissagree with smoking but i don't nag smokers about it. Afterall it's their own choice, and you would have to be stupid not to realise the long term consequences. Just don't start puffing smoke in my face, thats all....

I understand that cigarette smoking is addictive. I get that people crave the nicotine fix. I know it's hard to quit. I've had tons of smokers in my family on my dad's side. We all sat around my grandfather when he was on his deathbed from cancer that was due to cigarette smoking. A few weeks later my grandma and rest of the family are sparking up. Why? Because it's addicting. Personally i'm glad I never got into cigarettes. I've never liked the taste and found that the few that i've tried have left me a little lightheaded but for the most part pretty sick feeling.The problem that I have with these anti-smoking ads.....specifically Truth......is that now it's not so much about the Tobacco companies hiding facts or helping people quit. They just like reminding us how many people have died and stuff like that. In this day and age just about everyone knows smoking is bad. It's not going to help by just pointing out how many people it has killed. Plenty of smokers will just continue to light up. They should be focusing on helping people quit.

My boyfriend has smoked in the past. At the moment he doesn't. He has used the patches to quit a couple of times. My confusion comes in that he continues to chew tobacco. He did it even through the use of the patch. Aren't the patches supposed to take care of your nicotine addiction? I think the patches helped him because he believed they did. He has stopped the action of smoking but it has left him with more money for his chew. I don't nag him about it because he cleans up after himself. The part I don't like about smoking is the cigarette butts, the ashes, the smell and the empty boxes. I don't like the idea of using gum because then I have the used gum wads to deal with. And the same issue with sunflower seeds. I don't know what to offer to help him, I am letting him decide on his own what to do. But I try not to give him money to buy his supplies. I look forward to the time that he decides by himself that it is time to quit and does something about it.

Hi to all,There are going to be serious issues with removing the smoke smell. If it’s really, really bad, you may never fully eliminate it. However, there are a number of things you might be able to do.If it’s a light smell, you might manage to get away with using Febreze. If not, a number of sites recommend baking soda and some vinegar. Basically, they’re more/less giving you the home remedy for any of those Oxy cleaners. Now remember, you’re not just dealing with the seats, but also any fabric inside the car. You’ll likely want to get the cabin air filter changed as well, since if they ran A/C or heat on circulate, then the smoke went into that filter.If you have leather seats, you may be spared the issue of deep down smoke inside the seats. You’ll need to scrub the leather with a good leather cleaner to remove the smell, but if it hasn’t gotten into the cushions, the rest of the fabric in the car is so thin, it should be easy to clean. If not, you may well have to treat those seats relatively often.A product that was mentioned was Vamoose 1080T, and apparently Hill Country Distribution has a complete care treatment kit. Reviews have been pretty good about that, though I have no experience. People say often that Febreze simply masks the smell, although I’ve known people to use it on their hair after smoking, and it does eliminate the odor.Lastly, should you have any real wood panelling in the car, that may need to be treated with wood soap and sealed. Smoke is nigh on impossible to permanently get out of wood. Additionally, any porous rubber seals/gaskets may need to be replaced, depending on the smoke saturation.