xisto Community
BoSZ

What Im Protocol Do You Use? instant messaging

What IM protocol do You use as your primary one?  

17 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

question relates to IM protocols NOT IM clients

i do know that most of you use a couple of them but since TRAP has "multi choise pools" turned off (globally) there is nothing i can do :(

Well... it used to be ICQ, but is now yahoo... though I most actively use IRC (but that's not IM protocol :()

I like Yahoo because I can stay connected to it with my Cell ( this is possible with MSN too, but the procedure sucks ).Members can directly send and sms and stuff. It is also supported in GPRS. So I love Yahoo! But I dont use it because most of my members use MSN.

Well actualy, I use more than one of the above. Trillian is the client that I use because it can handle AIM, Yahoo, IRC, ICQ, and MSN protocols all at the same time. But mostly I use my Gmail account with the MSN protocol. Contrary to what some people think, MSN has actually been fairly reliable when it comes to everyday chatting with friends etc. The only thing that isn't really up to par, is the file tranfers. They're soo slow! Other than that, though, msn has kept me satisfied over the years.

i use yahoo im.i have registered with msn and icq. but prefer yahoo coz.. most of my friends use yahoo. Moreover the integration with other yahoo services is also cool...also yahoo has more services like groups, chat etc... are cool

Yahoo! Messenger has always been my primary IM messenger and tahts where I have most of my online contacts too.

I use aim, since most of my friends use that, but I have accounts under aim, yahoo, ICQ, and jabber. I use Gaim to log in to all the protocols under one interface. I have also been known to use net send and unix's write.