xisto Community
Misanthrope

Do You Prefer Cats Or Dogs? Your Choice of Pet Says Something About You

I prefer cats personally:) Till date i had 9 pet cats and 2 doggies.....Both Cats and Dogs are adorable but one needs to take a hell lot of care considering the dogs whereas cats are independent B)Cats are easy to handle and their purr is warmingDogs need to be given a lot of attention....You dont have to run to the vet every week if you are having a pet kitty ..neither do you have to wake up at 2 in the morning to feed your hungry Dawg! :P

I couldn't have said it better, Oracle. I might add that when dogs aren't doing something disgusting, they are thinking about it. There is something so fine, so sublime, so ethereal about the cat, that even when this lofty creature engages in the "lower" activities we often associate with canines, it maintains it's dignity and exists that litter box as unsullied as when it entered. Contrast this visual with your average dog, who before evacuating his bowels on your manicured lawn (without so much as covering the mess), shoves his wet snout up your nether regions whilst tracking all manner of filth across your freshly mopped floor. Oh, and let's not forget how this animal greets your important dinner guests: snout in crotch. How rude! My experience has been that dogs take on on the personality of their people. Hence the rude behavior. Rude owner = rude dog. Thank God cats maintain their individuality, otherwise they'd be as course as your average biped. The most disgusting human being will never sully the regal feline. Can there be any question which animal has earned more elevated status in the eyes of the gods? A lion stands guard at gates of the heavens, not a crotch-sniffing dog.

I prefer dogs, cause it protects us from thief and other criminals and it also looks great and cute than the cats. cats only looks the crime but it can't do anything cause it has not get power as dog.Dogs are bigger than cats and dogs also can win cats.so, I prefer dogs as it is better than the cats..

I have both cats and dogs and I do believe in equality but I would like to say that your pets emulate you and you emulate them. This process of emulation is a 24x7 affair. I am a thorough recluse & like a cat simply vegetate in one spot for hours, books and a feline being the best companion :). My dogs on the other hand make sure that I get some fresh air so we usually walk a mile twice a day, then it's back to some lazing. Whatever my dogs do, you can only describe it as goofy, cute, sweet and sometimes disturbing. But cats are synonymous to words like royal, sleek, adorable, graceful and mostly lethargic :lol: And to those who say that cats are useless pets who simply live with you because you feed them, your cats must be emulating your behavior :XD:My cats are the most sensitive munchkins alive... They are always ready to wipe my tears away or lay on my lap when I am lonely. My dogs too lie on top of me when they feel I need to be cheered up. So when you need an older sibling/mommy cuddle with your dog and when you need to be the life of a party, I say... start observing your cat's every movement.

Dogs are definitely better pets, they are loyal and playful... maybe you need to bath them more often and clean their poop :lol: but they are, in my opinion, better pets than most of the other animals.The reason why I don't have pets is because I don't like to clean their... <you know what> and bathing them sure is stressful, specially when they run away from you all around the garden xD

If you want to have a fun, engaging pet, get a dog. If you want to just have something to look at, get a goldfish, canary, cat, turtle, stuffed toy, screensaver, whatever.

My point is, if all you are going to do is just look at your pet, you probably have the wrong idea of having a pet anyway.

Half a year i would have said a dog, but since then living with mum and having her cat around has caused me to believe they are about even. On the one hand - a dog will typically want to engage your attention more often so you can play games with it, but on the other hand they are more inclined to cause an unwanted fuss.Whereas a cat will usually do its own thing and if it decides it wants it, it may allow you to play around a bit. Then you get the cat/dog personalities that are just evil and try to do whatever they want, when they want.

I think that cats are selfish.They wood eat from your house and if you not feed them then they would go to your neighbors place.They are not at all faithful and just stick to as you provide them the food.But on the other dogs are faithful and would love their masters till death.

I think that cats are selfish.They wood eat from your house and if you not feed them then they would go to your neighbors place.They are not at all faithful and just stick to as you provide them the food.But on the other dogs are faithful and would love their masters till death.

I agree with you one hundred percent. I've read in some newspaper that the dogs makes the old people live longer if they are around them. Did some one heard about that?

I agree with you one hundred percent. I've read in some newspaper that the dogs makes the old people live longer if they are around them. Did some one heard about that?

i never heard any newspaper as such but i have experienced it.
i have also practically seen it.
i have a doggy in my home, its name is sweety. and to be frank, its my true and best friend.
and offcourse when no one is with us to support us at our old age, then dogs do!
dogs are infact better than humans.

this is an absolutely perfect statement. I do agree with you and i have had many experiences of it.
cats have no match with dogs except that they too have 4 legs.
dogs are the best friends for us.

I love both. But i love dogs more. The cats and the dogs are cute with cute eyes, but the dogs can ward you house, and they can play catch and stuff.. So, dogs.

I personally like dogs as they are too cute and innocent. I love them. I have never had cats but i have the idea that they are too lazy and they are quite means. Dogs love you back alot but cats never come fot giving back love.I and i have never seen a cat playing firsbee or wrestling it out with a kid. I prefer dog as they are so sweet and innocent just like babies.I think if i have a cat my opinion about cats may change but i will always love dogs more and prefer them

I love dogs , i had 3 dogs in the past , and they all died unfortunatelly , i wasn't doctor at that time!But i will say that i prefer dogs then cats , cats are for women !Then i have an allergy to cats , i hate cats !!!Maybe i will start a post about dogs advantages ;)