xisto Community
JackTheRipper

Is Football The King Of Sports?

Is football the king of sports?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here all the little boys want to be a professional football player when he grows up, because this can change dramatically their lives. :)

Sounds like a portion of the US's population concerning American football or basketball.

The beautiful game is certainly the most popular sport in the world. Much of that may well be it's ease of play, all you need is a ball and nothing else. I can not see how anyone finds Football/Soccer boring, baseball yeah football, no way. The exciting thing in football is that you never know when some one is going to break away for a shot or a midfielder will execute a perfect tackle or any number of other things may occur. In American football all the action is broken up. In truth part of the strategy in American football often includes spending as much time as possible between plays to run the clock down. So the strategy is to not play the game while the clock is running, not exactly awe inspiring. There are many times in American football as well when what happens next is a given. If its fourth down and ten yards to go it will be a punt or a field goal attempt.

Football is less popular in the US (my location actually) for a few reasons I think. One of those is that I think we Americans are less patient over all. We understand scoring and like that. Even non Football/soccer fans can appreciate a nice highlight reel. (Being a Manchester United fan I get plenty of highlights as well with Renaldo and Rooney :) ) Aslo I think Most Americans Do not understand football enough to appreciate it. This is mostly due to the sorry state of child leagues in the U.S. Far too many 'coaches' in child leagues have never really played seriously themselves and have little to no grasp of the games stratagies.

Lastly you have to caqll international football the king of sports simply becasue it is the most profitable sport. The English Premiereship makes more money than the NFL. I do not know the numbers but I am fairly certain that the Glazers whio own both the NFL's TampaBay Buccaneers and Manchester United make more money from the United.

Down in the subcontinent, soccer is limited mainly to the metropolitan cities and maybe a few other cities in particular. The local leagues are not so popular but the leagues in europe especially the EPL and the european champions league is followed with zeal in the major cities.Football(american) however is almost non -exsitent here - they do not broadcast the playoffs - Can you imagine that????In fact I am most worried every year about missing the all start games of the nba as well....Cricket dominates the subcontinent. It is played at every nook and corner and followed by a vast majority of the population. It is almost a religion. If you feel the english and brazilians are passionate about soccer you should come for a one-day or 20-20 game in here. Soccer though dominant in some parts is surely not a king or queen of sports..Just my opinion - I play soccer myself and am quite handy so I do not want any soccer fans jumping at me for refuting the claim.:)

Football is definitely the King of Sports at present but it has a strong competition with cricket specially after the success of Indian Premier League. IPL has the potential to outrun football and make cricket number one in this race.

Sounds like a portion of the US's population concerning American football or basketball.
The beautiful game is certainly the most popular sport in the world. Much of that may well be it's ease of play, all you need is a ball and nothing else. I can not see how anyone finds Football/Soccer boring, baseball yeah football, no way. The exciting thing in football is that you never know when some one is going to break away for a shot or a midfielder will execute a perfect tackle or any number of other things may occur. In American football all the action is broken up. In truth part of the strategy in American football often includes spending as much time as possible between plays to run the clock down. So the strategy is to not play the game while the clock is running, not exactly awe inspiring. There are many times in American football as well when what happens next is a given. If its fourth down and ten yards to go it will be a punt or a field goal attempt.

Football is less popular in the US (my location actually) for a few reasons I think. One of those is that I think we Americans are less patient over all. We understand scoring and like that. Even non Football/soccer fans can appreciate a nice highlight reel. (Being a Manchester United fan I get plenty of highlights as well with Renaldo and Rooney :P ) Aslo I think Most Americans Do not understand football enough to appreciate it. This is mostly due to the sorry state of child leagues in the U.S. Far too many 'coaches' in child leagues have never really played seriously themselves and have little to no grasp of the games stratagies.

Lastly you have to caqll international football the king of sports simply becasue it is the most profitable sport. The English Premiereship makes more money than the NFL. I do not know the numbers but I am fairly certain that the Glazers whio own both the NFL's TampaBay Buccaneers and Manchester United make more money from the United.

I do not think football is the best sport at all! Why, you may ask, alright..

a) Its a sissy sport.
You have guys like Ronaldo falling and diving everytime for no clear reason.
The next thing the team gets a penalty and they win!

:P the players lack manners and sportsmanship
Everytime, the players oppose the referee and they ridicule the guy before everyone!
if you want to look at sports that have professionals look at american football and rugby. The guys can surely murder the ref but the have their emotions in check every time and the ref is rarely if ever opposed.

c) Its not a fair sport
The lack of football to embrace technology makes it an ancient and boring dirty game.
How many times does someone score when they were offside??
In cricket and rugby, these things are referred to an official who can replay and let justice prevail.

Being popular does not make it the ultimate sport. It means its just not classy :P

SO do you think that football is the king of sports??? and why?
I vote yes because :
It is very popular not only in my country but all over the world and it's called "The king of sports" because the tension and the adrenaline during the game make you so excited and that is why so famous all over the world and that is the reason that football is not boring.

Notice from electriic ink:
Merged double posts

To some extent I support your statement that it is the king of the sports. It is very famous and popular in our country too. But now a days cricket is taking its place in popularity. But still now it needs a huge amount of strong stamina in comparision to other sports in that context it is really the king.