xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
darran

What's Up With Trap17?

I have been experiencing a lot of downtime recently, it may be short bursts of them, not lasting more than 2 hours. BUT I have been getting it almost everyday, and it is getting frustrating when I am making a new post in my blog and I can't post because the SQL component is down, and a download dialog pops up asking me to download the page which I am which in this case is 'post.php' I understand that Xisto is a free service and all but can the admin team do something about it, it is very frustrating as a user as well, I have had quite a number of feedback from the visitors that my site is down ever so often. I remember the admins saying that the reason why the site is down is due to the upgrades made to the CPanel. But what I would like to know is why are these upgrades constantly happening every single day? I believe even as free users of Xisto, we deserve an explaination.

I agree with you darren. I'd also like to add that I haven't had any MySQL problems as of yet, or uploading problems, in the last 9 days. However I that my cPanel always loads very slow; sometimes as low as 60 bytes per second. Why so slow?

cPanel is massive software, with lot's of security checks during loading. but once loaded it should be used from same tab and not reloaded all the time..

The recent downtime of gamma server was on March 2nd. Server was restarted after data restructuring. Other than that, there's no report of actual downtime. Always check the server/network status by going to the forum top menu, XISTO > server/network status.If you were referring to these time frames, between last week of Feb until yesterday, Xisto added new servers to hosting accounts, dedicated SQL server to minimize DoS that shuts every hosting account down, PHP and SQL version updates and other regular maintaining services--including forum upgrades and hosting account upgrades for all Beta account holders. Allocating and restructruing data, upgrading every member's hosting account takes huge load and possiblely caused in slow connection speed. March 2nd's downtime was a manual reboot of gamma server.Your hosting should be up and running but as far as your cPanel loading slowly is unknown at this time. I'm not sure if this is an isolated case or network wide. I personally don't have any issues loading cPanels using gamma server. In the past, some firewall software were reported to slowdown the load and operation of a cpanel. As this may be the case, test to see if disabling your firewall would enhance the loading speed. If true try adding your domain name to your firewall trusted access zone (all cases vary depend on software).

Sorry,but i have not experienced any of this. i have experienced no downtime and the service remains good as it always is. dont know why, maybe i wasnt on when there was downtime, but other than that the service has seemd the same

Edited by bk2070 (see edit history)

BuffaloHELP, as you said, when I noticed there was a problem with possibly the SQL component, I immediately went to the Xisto website to check on the network status but I did not notice anything peculiar with the exception of IOTA server which is the mySQL server, the Apache part is always offline, is it supposed to be like that? I just feel that the Xisto account has been going down pretty often recently, and hopefully this is not anything major but thanks a lot for your explanation, at least I am not kept in the dark anymore. It would be good to post the announcements of any server updates or changes somewhere so that we all know it is a server upgrade or whatever, instead of the hosting actually being down.