xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shigajet

Wordpress Installation Error [resolved] Anything to change in the wp-config.php file?

I've chosen to install WordPress manually and things were going well so far...until I hit an installation error when I tried to run the install.php file on my browser.

For the record, I logged into CPanel and went into MySQL Databases, created the databases, the username and added the user to the database - as suggested in the installation procedure.

Perhaps there's a mistake in my wp-config.php file that might've caused the error. If there's something I should change, please let me know. Many thanks in advance.

<?php// ** MySQL settings ** //define('shigajet_blog', 'wordpress');	// The name of the databasedefine('shigajet_wp', 'username');	 // Your MySQL usernamedefine('kyoto2003', 'password'); // ...and passworddefine('DB_HOST', 'localhost');	// 99% chance you won't need to change this value// You can have multiple installations in one database if you give each a unique prefix$table_prefix  = 'wp_';   // Only numbers, letters, and underscores please!// Change this to localize WordPress.  A corresponding MO file for the// chosen language must be installed to wp-includes/languages.// For example, install de.mo to wp-includes/languages and set WPLANG to 'de'// to enable German language support.define ('WPLANG', '');/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */define('ABSPATH', dirname(__FILE__).'/');require_once(ABSPATH.'wp-settings.php');?>

define("CONSTANT", "Hello world.");
You might have the wrong order in those first three define statements.

The ("name", "value") pairs should be reversed, I think.

jlhaslip is correct. :P and just in case you didn't save a copy of your original config file: the constants are in bold, and the values you need to adjust accordingly are in italics.

<?php

// ** MySQL settings ** //

define('DB_NAME', 'yourDBname'); // The name of the database

define('DB_USER', 'yourMYSQLusername'); // Your MySQL username

define('DB_PASSWORD', 'yourPASSWORD'); // ...and password

define('DB_HOST', 'localhost'); // 99% chance you won't need to change this value

Oops! Must have been a late night when I made that small mistake.The problem is now solved and WordPress is up and running...but I may be back if I have any trouble importing my backup file of old posts.

Wordpress Instalation errorWordpress Installation Error [resolved]

Hi, I instal xampp and wordpress. When go to adress LOCALHOST/wordpress/wp-admin/install.Php I receive the error Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in C:xampphtdocswordpresswp-config.Php on line 32

Someone could help me. Many thanks.
-reply by Marcelo