xisto Community
jimforever

Opera Vs Internet Explorer! OPERA VS INTERNET EXPLORER

Well, if you're going to compare those two, then definitely I'm with Opera. But I would still like to keep Internet Explorer (not that I have another choice) with me too. Because many websites are not compatible with Opera. Many web designers simply ignore to consider Opera as a legitimate browser when it comes to designer. They don't even test their websites on Opera. They should do. Otherwise it's not good designing practice. Opera isn't as fast as Internet Explorer 7 though. Websites seems to load up faster in IE7. Especially when it comes to javascript. If you're in doubt, go to a site that uses a lot of javascript then run your tests.

I'd say Internet Explorer over Opera, just because I'm a die-hard IE fan :P Most websites aren't made to be compatible with Opera, which would be frustrating to actually try to browse in piece.

Opera vs IE 7..Then win IE 7 :P Opera is not for me Im using Mozilla Firefox and I hate Opera for some reasons and mostly for reasonthat Many webs are not shows good at opera and they are not optimalized for it. Then I love IE because when I havebad script at site he all time find it and I can repair it bu Firefox and opera Ignore some little script faults..IE 7 is comfortable and there are good security ways now and updates. And I hate opera for that torrent support :D

Never used Opera, may start using it thought. Although it is torrent supported, internet explorer is windows supported, which the majority of us have a windows. I would say internet explorer is probably better, but as I mentioned I haven't got Opera. FireFox is the best out of all the browers though, everyone knows that.

Well its right that opera has got torrent support but i like to use internet explorer instead of opera.I am currently using internet explorer 7.0...its fast and tries to match the speed of opera.I used opera once ,but I had some problem while I was trying to open some sites using opera,therefore I switched my browser to internet explorer 7.0...this explorer just rocks as I can every site with thisBut I still want to use opera instead of internet explorer ...This is because it has torrent support and more to offer..but with opera there,s some script error and therefore I cannot use opera :)

There is a solution for the websites that were not designed for opera. If you are browsing the internet and you get a website that says you need IE or firefox for it to work, ( the web designers didnt do anything about it so opera did ) all you have to do is right click on the website and select edit site preferences then go to the network tab and in the bottom you will see Browser identification and a drop down menu with identify as Opera selected. All you have to do is change that to identify as internet explorer or identify as firefox which ever you like and now the website that was giving you an error will work. I go this problem when I was trying to access my online account on ny school website but opera wasnt supported, so i tried this method and now i can access my account from opera. try it and let me know if it works for u