xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CinnamorollTK

Non-visible Disabilities Do you believe people should receive free gov. benefits?

As someone that is in a wheelchair, it does upset me seeing people that are getting a check, be it SS or SSI for something that can not be "seen" but then I have to think about it. Yes there are a lot that get these checks. but you also have to blame the doctor's that gave the okay. I feel as they the goverment should also look not only at the people but the doctors who okay all this. I have had my handicap all my life, and a week does not go by that I don't see someone parking in a handicap zone, get out of there car and walk into the store. True there handicap my be unseen but then again. they may not even be handicapped.. This post may fit bettern in vent than here who knows. but I must state this. Seen or unseen. you never really know. Only that person or persons and there doctor know for sure

Just a ThoughtNon-visible Disabilities

Here's a thought, if you want to know about a person's disabilty and there benefits ask them (politely) you might learn something and they may get a kick out of having been asked. Having a conspicuous disability does not give you the expertise or right to judge other who are dealing with health issues.

-reply by Justin