xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
friiks

Simple Shoutbox PHP, MySQL driven..

It is, and you can change it easy for your needs.

I still haven't done the administration file (Damnit >.< *slaps himself*) but I will do it either before going to bed today or tomorrow.

I quite like the look of this shoutbox. It is very easy to use and looks professional. The only problem I can think of is that it isn't really wide enough and you have to scroll across the scroll bar a little bit in order to see the full post.It is only a small issue though. These are the kinds of things that are fixed later on, either by adding new features and releasing a new version or simply by releasing a patch.I feel that once you've finished adding the administration side, this would be a good shoutbox and possibly even one which some of the Xisto users, and other people who've read this topic, would use on their websites.I don't have a need to use a shoutbox at the moment, but if I ever did create a site which needed a shoutbox, I'd certainly consider your one as a ready-made code to save having to create my own. It's one of the best shoutbox scripts I've seen. Well done, Keep up the good work with your shoutbox coding :P

@Blessed - Sorry it took me so long to reply but I almost do not come here anymore. I'm busy with school and work so I don't really have time for trap ;)And to answer your question, yes, there is, I could write a bbcode tutorial sometime but I can't say when.....

@Blessed - Sorry it took me so long to reply but I almost do not come here anymore. I'm busy with school and work so I don't really have time for trap ;)And to answer your question, yes, there is, I could write a bbcode tutorial sometime but I can't say when.....

You can easy add this one i have posted

http://forums.xisto.com/topic/46374-php-bbcode-bbcode-for-your-forumwebsitenews/

Add at the top of the file

include('bbcode.php');

$bbcode = new bbcode;

Just Find

<a href='mailto:".$mail."'>".$name."</b></a><br>	".$message."<br>

Replace it whit

<a href='mailto:".$mail."'>".$name."</b></a><br>	".$bbcode->parse($message)."<br>

there you go.

if you get anny errors feel free to post ;)

Edited by Blessed (see edit history)

Nice simple PHP script for a shoutbox. As it was made for simplicity, this tutorial did great! Just a note to developers who want to take the extra step, you could think of adding Javascript (AJAX specifically) instead of using iFrame. As well as jQuery for some simple animations. With this done, you get the same shoutbox as the one currently hosted at this site the shoutbox above you). This is a good foundation to build on.