xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Unregistered 012

Which Forums Should I Use

I am going to get hosted again in the near future. i do not feel like going through that hassle of a home page and stuff. I was wondering what is the best forum that can be installed from Fantastico in the Cpanel. In your opinion which is the best. I have already tried phpbb and i liked it. But i would also like to know about any other ones that might be good. If you have an example of one of the other forums please leave a link so i may check it out. Thanks.

PHPbb is your best bet if you aren't willing to pay. If you've got money to spare I suggest vBulliten or IPB.

I have been using SMF and it's been pretty close to the "behavior" of IPB. I actually like it. There are mods available for inserting banners/advertisements and it is as easy as few clickes here and there.myBB has been gaining the popularity among phpBB users. myBB users are claiming that it is easier to install than phpBB with better capabilities. Perhaps I'll try this soon as a test board but myBB is not available through your Fantastico.So for now, I would have to say SMF using Fantastico. Maybe I should install demo boards for all available forums using Annex?