xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
mr ? impressive

Is Islam Violent?

Islam is the most violent religion I've ever had the chance to read about. I swear they will chop off a head at any chance they get. Let's take a real life example into play. They are depicted as violent, suicide bombers in a Danish cartoon. How do they respond to this? They blow up several bombs that are strapped to themselves, and they hold several protests saying "Kill those cartoonists!". Yeah that's a real happy go lucky religion right there. Call me violent again and I'll kill you!!! We do not blow up ourselves! (Usually followed by an explosion). And guess what? Governments are beginning to fall into their plan. They continually base there decisions around the opinions of these guys. Just because someone thinks you are violent and disagrees with your religion, does not meanthat you should threaten their lives. That's just ridiculous.

Not ALL Muslims are violent - just the jerks. The Muslims who caused events like 7/7 or September the 11th have probably been brainwashed by a "teacher", kind of like those found "teaching" in the Hitler Youth.

A small group of people were involved in the bombings of 7/7. A small group of the 1.4 billion followers in the entire world. Compare that to the amount of Christian missionaries whom decided to force upon people spread their religion around the world in the 1700s/1800s.

Finally, it's unfounded opinions like that that give them cause to be angered even further.

The event you are talking about was very much complicated and had to do with propaganda in Saudi Arabia as they misdirected their nation's outrage away from the government and toward the external event. Those cartoons had already been out for two years before any of the protests started. Each year there is a march to Mecca in Saudi Arabia that can get very crowded and extremely dangerous if the government isn't there to support people and stabilize the event. Just before the cartoon riots, the Hajj march (that's what it is called) again resulted in several hundred deaths and brought outrage against the government. Being in political pressure they orchestrated their media and such to turn against the cartoons to kind of redirect the outrage and from there the chaos and protests etc. etc. etc.It is complicated, but definitely worth the time to look into and read about if one is ready to generalize over a vast swath of the world's people.

Not ALL Muslims are violent - just the jerks. The Muslims who caused events like 7/7 or September the 11th have probably been brainwashed by a "teacher", kind of like those found "teaching" in the Hitler Youth.

A small group of people were involved in the bombings of 7/7. A small group of the 1.4 billion followers in the entire world. Compare that to the amount of Christian missionaries whom decided to force upon people spread their religion around the world in the 1700s/1800s.

Finally, it's unfounded opinions like that that give them cause to be angered even further.

As electriic ink said , you dont have why to generalize , and i think that the foult that they are so violent is their goverment and our society.

Read about? What are your sources; newspapers? If so, you're kidding me! If you actually did a real study on Islam you would know that Islam condemns those kind of actions. Even Muslims don't like what those people are doing that claim to follow Islam.

You know, for someone that claims to be a Christian, you're really not giving a good name to Christianity.

May peace, love and grace be within you.

I'm pretty sick of your ignorant generalizations. First atheists, now muslims. Give me a break. People like you are causing racism in American. Your basing a religion on what some brain-washed people are doing. Your just as bad as the violent people. Frankly, your I do not see you as somebody being a good christian with posts like this. I hope your last posts were just for credits, and not what your really believe in. You need to start really being around people who study those religions, and beliefs, before you start making statements like these.I respect peoples opinions, and if somebody had an a smart opinion about a religion than i would respect them, but what you said is not an opinion, it is plain stupidity, and I have no respect for people who just make claims like that.

Edited by coolduck123456 (see edit history)

So just because some people use religion as an excuse to murder themselves and others you blame the WHOLE religion? I don't honestly believe the religion is bad, its some people who 'believe' in it that are bad. To be honest i think you are a very ignorant and hyprotical person judging by your posts about different religions in the vent so far. Why don't you actually study and talk to people of religions you don't know, you might learn something.

Terrorists and the like are about as representative of Islam as the KKK and other "fundamentalists" are of Christianity. They claim to be the 'true' followers of the religion, while the moderate members of their religion look on in disgust and shame. I hope you're not basing all your beliefs on what the newspapers and TV reports say; they are often inaccurate and sometimes plain wrong, not just with this issue but many others. It seems like reporters don't take their jobs as seriously as they should.

I agree with the sentiments expressed by zyzzyvette and some others here.Personally, I think that the terrorists who blow themselves up are AS MUCH victims as their victims. They have been put into religious schools and then kept away from any access to knowledge except what their 'teacher' gives them. The result is they have a very, very warped world-view. Just think how different a person's view of the world must be from the average for them to go and actually commit suicide.You see, they truly believe they are doing the right, even the holy thing, that they will be rewarded in heaven. If anything, the blame lies not with these misguided puppets, but with their heartless masters.

I'm pretty sick of your ignorant generalizations. First atheists, now muslims. Give me a break. People like you are causing racism in American.

You know what I'm sick and tired of? People like you who use any topic they disagree with and pull the old "racism" card out of their behind. What the hell does religion have to do with race??? Please answer me that simple question. There's plenty here to criticize without throwing race into the mix. How about just plain ignorance?

I haven't heard a peep yet about the 7/7 or 9/11 attacks and the fact there's about three feet of good hard evidence both attacks were carried out by England and the US governments against their own people. There's an overwhelming amount of evidence that, as is the usual case in history, someone's terrorizing a population then blaming it on another group. Why can't people see what's going on? It's so crystal clear, I honestly don't know how people can miss it. The London Bombings were particularly obvious in their blatant fumblings. They barely managed to pull that one off, but it appears they fooled at least one person, Electric Ink. Open your eyes, people. Christians and Muslims have been at each other's throats for a very very long time, but we'd all pretty much forget about it sooner or later if the instigators would just let us. But that wouldn't serve their interests. They have to keep us enslaved and in order to do that, we've got to be fighting each other so we don't look at them and see the real enemy.

Will you all wake up when the Instigation to go kill Iranians is perpetuated? Or will you buy the Party Line on that one too?

Will you wake up when the Canada/US/Mexico borders disappear and your countries do too? The North American Union is all but a done deal people. Forget your heritage, your currency, your culture. Forget your national anthem, forget your Country Motto, In God We Trust. It'll all be a memory soon. Will you wake up then? Or will it be too late...

(Play Evanescence -Wake Me Up Inside while reading this post)

Okay, so, yeah, basically, Islam isn't really a violent religion. Just like Christianity and the Crusades, religion is used as an excuse for needless violence. Killing someone is almost never justified in any religion. The people who go and kill are just doing it because, like everyone's been said, they've been brainwashed. Being a Christian, I view many of the events in history where Christianity has been used to promote violence as basically the un-religious actions of someone who wants to achieve more power or wealth reverse-psychologically justified using a religon that, while they pretend to follow, are actually not observing and are basically just being slimeballs.I actually think there is a LOT of discrimination based on religion, [not "racism," though] and the reason for it is people like those described above. People will often say they're Christian to make others trust them and/or their business more. Then they'll screw said "other" over and that person will be left thinking that all religious people are slimeballs. That SERIOUSLY pisses me off because, thanks to this, there is now a prevailing sentiment, [at least here in America,] against most any religion. People who are nonreligious say that religion is trash and that it promotes discrimination and stuff. Which I hate, because, I think if someone actually cares about their religion, then they're going to be a great person - religion provides, in most cases, a pretty decent code of morals. That's not to say you can't be great without religion, but the fact that religious people are slandered for believing in something is DISCRIMINATORY AGAINST THEM! Hellllloooo....Basically, I don't care what people believe, and I think everyone should be treated equally regardless of their faith, but when people start bashing religion in general, or start giving me s*** for believing what I do because it "promotes hate," well, don't even get me started, even though you already have...