xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Windows Vista The New Operating System Standards

Recently I was customizing a computer for my neighbor's needs. All was going well giving her the proper amount of RAM and hard drive space and all of the components she would need to run what she needs to run, and then we got to the Choice of operating system.There's good news, All listed as Windows Vista. I have never run windows vista before but i heard from a friend it is much more advanced than Windows XP, so i got on the phone with the tech and asked if it would be possible to get windows XP on it instead of VistaBut i was told that Windows Vista is the new operating system standard, Meaning if you buy a computer now, it will most likely have Windows Vista on it with no option to put Windows XP on it and there was no way to get XP on it unless you buy a certian computer and buy windows XP from a store and install it on there..

Hi, just do like me : Put a linux edition on operating system so will be 0 $ after that you can put whatever you want , and youll get a lower price buying Windows XP or Vista from other places ( i guess you know what i mean ) or just talk with a friend that moved to Vista and doesnt need XP.Bye.

It seems stupid that people are pressured into having the OS chosen by their manufacturer. Surely the manufacturers would be better off putting Linux on there or something and selling Windows at a profit to people who want it. Vista, as you say, is quite a bit more advanced for most people and causes a whole host of problems, so XP is still the better choice.

There is a way to get XP on there if you really want, but you are gonna have to spend a lot of time doing it for very little reward. Firstly ask for a no OS option, and buy XP separately. If they don't offer it, or offer it with no reduction in price, then buy it with Vista. As soon as you get the PC delivered take photos or videos of yourself unpacking it, setting it up, turning it on, reading the EULA (yes, you will have to read the whole thing), then refusing to accept the EULA. Phone the supplier of the PC and inform them you refuse to agree to the EULA, and you have a legal right to a refund for the OS. There are various guides to doing this all over the Net, usually for people who want to install Linux, but it's the same if you want XP over Vista.

Have a look here, here and here for more information.

Put a linux edition on operating system so will be 0 $ after that you can put whatever you want , and youll get a lower price buying Windows XP or Vista from other places ( i guess you know what i mean ) or just talk with a friend that moved to Vista and doesnt need XP.Bye.

I wouldn't really say that Vista is new standard in Opereting systems in fact I would disagree with that statement. Because Most of the Linux distribution or shell I say Unix based systems had things that Vista is braging about some five to ten years back. So it is not something innovative nor something so great. It is an eye kandy it is rahical user interface on the stereodis. And nothing more. Remember that.There most be certain time before anyone can say anything more about Windows Vista it self. We all see that it is not really that safe as microsoft is braging about and that it is not that reliable, so if there are users who are running Vista for a year what will happen will those computers be slowed down or will they crash or will they work just fine as they did the day when Vista was installed. Time Will tell.And for the getting free os. You should just tell that you don't want OS in the package and cannot force you if they still want then just go to the different retailer.

I know what you mean, however, around my area, most computers dont come with it installed, they say it is ready or capable. however, the high-end stuff is definitely going to come standard with vista. i would say right now that vista is not the best option because of problems with compatibility, mainly affecting those upgrading. but when buying/building a new pc, i suppose vista might just be the way to go...