xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jlhaslip

Firefox 2.0.0.2 Released A couple of Security Updates in this one.

Firefox can be up-graded as of Feb 23rd, 2007 to the newest release 2.0.0.2 which includes a few minor security fixes. Nothing Major for most Firefox users.

One of the Greatest things about Firefox is how simple the swap to a new version. Simply uninstall the old version and then install the new one. All of your old settings and Bookmarks and extensions/Add-ons are still in effect. You barely notice any change in the versions what-so-ever.

Everything you need to know (and more) is found >> HERE <<. Including the download link.

Have a good day playing with the Fox2...

Although the firefox browser updates itself, which also is configured to update itself by default, it is always good to know that it had an update, i am always updating my software, especially software i use.Thanks for the news.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

You don't even have to uninstall the old version... Firefox tells you that a new version is ready and if you want to update. It downloads the update and the next time you run Firefox it does the update. Very fast, no troubles or complications like with Internet Explorer (or with Windows... WGA really kills what fun was left in updating :P ).I have read in a computer magazine that last year Internet Explorer users were in danger from all kinds of viruses, spyware, etc. over 250 days, while Mozilla Firefox users were in danger for only 60 days. The fact that Firefox is free really helps bug finding. While Internet Explorer and Microsoft relays on this own staff to find and report bugs, Firefox has a wide community of users which find, report and fix bugs very fast.I'm just sorry that Firefox 2 still doesn't support my language (only v1.5 does). And it's the ONLY language in the list ... :(