xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Lyon2

Soldier Gets 100 Years In Prison For Raping An Iraqi Girl Sgt. Paul Cortez, is sentenced. Justice exists after all.

Eh, I'm against the whole raping thing and all but I think 100 years is a little(way) too long for something of that nature.The death penalty should never be exercised in my opinion. I'm religious so I follow along the lines of what God says: let him take care of those who do wrong.There are some things that you can do to slow people(jail and stuff) but I think even that is overkill in many situations.This is a little off topic but think of it like this: you take a rapist and put him in jail with 50 other rapists for 10 years. During that time he either rapes or is raped for those 10 years. And then you let him back out on the street in the hopes he's changed. I guarantee he HASN'T.Put murderers in jail together. They fight, kill each other, etc. In 20 years, you let them get out and rejoin normal society. What do you think is going to happen? Obviously they are going to KILL and be violent again.You can *not* put people who are doing wrong with others who are also doing wrong and expect them to get better. It just doesn't happen.Now, there are rare cases in which people do change, but again that's rare. Usually those are the people who didn't want to do what they did in the first place(like the girl who's mom was being raped by her husband. The girl ended up killing her father to protect her mother from him. He had been to jail many times in the past for it and obviously wasn't learning, and she ended up going to jail for the murder).That's a pretty "out there" example, but things like that really do happen. And those are the people who will end up getting back out and will change their ways, but not because they really changed, but because they only did what they did because they had no choice to begin with.I know I rambled on about this a little but hopefully it helps to explain my stance on the issue of death penalties, jail sentences, etc.

I would say death sentence for sure... I mean he murdered the whole damn family.This is an extremely old post and article, I'm aware of that but I need to get my 2 cents in here...What a scum baghere's supposed to be fighting a war and he's busy raping little girls and killing her family too? What is the world coming to, really?