xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
matak

Firefox 2.x.x Removing Tab Scroller If Tab scroller is anoying you like it did me, simply remove it...

You can remove Firefox 2.0 or higher tab scroller, an invention annoying like linux distros simple as walking few miles on your hands :P . Just a joke, it's much much simpler.

Three steps proces

1. open your firefox and type about:config in adress bar (the place where u usually type http://forums.xisto.com/), without that http thingy
2. find option browser.tabs.tabMinWidth and change the value to 0 --
3. restart your lovely firefox, and start it again..

Enjoy your No-Tab-Scrolling surfing...

For all of you who don't know what a tab is (:D) when you see a link instead of just clicking it click it with CTRL+mouse click, ant voila, you see a tab..
Also if you want to open all links as Tabs go to (some steps)

1. Tools --> Options
2. Under the tabs tab (:D) find

New pages should be opened:

and select New Tab selector..3. Click OK, and you should now be able to open all links as new tabs! Wonderfull, i think you don't even need to restart firefox for that to happen...

Enjoy your fast-tab-no-tab-scroller-surfing :P

I just recently got Firefox so thanks for the information. In my opinion Firefox is the best web browser ever. :P I have heard of this before but did not try it I will try it right now. :D

I just recently got Firefox so thanks for the information. In my opinion Firefox is the best web browser ever. :P I have heard of this before but did not try it I will try it right now. :(

I have had Firefox 2.0 and it is kiling me...I am on 1.5 again :(