xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

Psp Iso/.rar Convertor

Is there a game convertor that converts .rar, and .iso games into the regular game file that PSP accepts. Cause there is this homebrew psp chess game that I want to download. And some reason its a .rar, and it said something about Iso which idk what that is. It also said something about downgrading your psp, which idk what this is as well. Ps. is this illegal to download homebrew games? Like games other people made or is it perfetly fine

Is there a game convertor that converts .rar, and .iso games into the regular game file that PSP accepts. Cause there is this homebrew psp chess game that I want to download. And some reason its a .rar, and it said something about Iso which idk what that is. It also said something about downgrading your psp, which idk what this is as well.
Ps. is this illegal to download homebrew games? Like games other people made or is it perfetly fine

ISO is essentially a CD. On every data CD read by a computer, there exists one and only one file- the ISO file. It's like a monster Boss file that contains everything on the cd and pretty much IS the cd. And if you want to create a data cd what happens is all of your files would get put inside that ISO file. So if you were ever to download a video game and burn it to a CD to make it run off the CD just like a game you purchase at the store, you would be dealing with ISO files. And you would need a special program to handle that type of file, like NERO burning rom or PowerISO.

So maybe your PSP runs on ISO files, but it's more likely that your psp runs on it's own special kind of file.. Most of the time, with downloading games off the internet for use with consoles, you have to do some special "customizing" with your console or device to make it work. So for downloading to the PSP, you would be in for a bit of complicated tweakery to get going. But beyond that I don't really know.

the .rar file you have needs to be opened. Then inside you will find the file you are looking for. There is no need to convert anything. If it is a homebrew game whatever contents are inside the .rar file should be fine just read the instruction inside on how to install it. But homebrew game only work on certain version psp's and I don't think homebrew games are illegal but I could be wrong.

PSP Solution

Psp Iso/.rar Convertor

Ā 

I downloaded dragon ball z psp game it is in winrar file format and I extracted the iso file inside it . But each of them are the same and same size how cani I put that three iso files to one file so that my psp can run it. Please answer my question???????????

Ā 

Ā 

-reply by Raph

RAR files need to be extracted with a program called WinRAR which you could get fromĀ here. Now to run it, put your PSP in USB mode. Put the extracted files in PSP>GAME folder.You need to have custom firmware which is a modified version of an original firmware. Now open up your PSP, go to Game>Memory Stick. Poof.

PS:Homebrew is NOT illegal dimwit.Ā 

I just read this post and did what you guys said. I extracted the files from Winrar to a folderĀ  I renamed .ISO thenĀ  I used Nero to burn as a data CD when I opened up the program again it came up with an error "Win32cannot read" can I get some advice Please

1st time download psp game.Psp Iso/.rar ConvertorI just download a psp game in .Rar format.I extracted it and I get 2 files in there.1 is .Cue & 1 is .Bin.What should I do next? Please help me.

how do i play gamecube games online?Psp Iso/.rar Convertor

I am trying to play paper mario and the thousand year door but after I download the file it just has a lot zippes files inside that end with .R00 or something. How do I convert that so I can play it on gamecube?

-question by Greywolf

you have to download simple popstation gui extract it to your desktop,open folder,run program,than click browse and select your CUE FILE and open it. Than click select and choose output folder,after that select compressior level,it is set on 9,if your game runs slow select 1 or 0. Game title should be chosed automatically, if not click select an choose it manualy,after that click customize the eboot. Unbox everything except first and last thing.

thenĀ  next to ICON0.PNG click browse and select picture in .Png format ( 144 x 80 pixels) that will be icon,after that( THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT) click browse next to "Gameboot or Warning PNG, select picture (again in PNG) (480 x 272 pixels) that will be warning picture

my sample:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

after that click go,when it finish click no and close program,connect psp,open it,open PSP/GAME there make folder called (name of the game) ,then go to your desktop,there should be file called "EBOOT.PBP" copy it and paste in psp in that folder

disconnect psp go to games,memory stick and have fun

Crazy Croatian Boy

where to put custom firmwarePsp Iso/.rar ConvertorReplying to (G)Geo where will I put the custom firmware in the psp folders? I having trouble in converting .Rar to iso. So I think this is the best way copy the extracted file to my psp. But I really don't know if I have a custom firmware.-question by forrest

answerPsp Iso/.rar Convertor

you have to get the psp game rar file and extract and then theres gonna be a iso game folder thats black put that in the psp iso file in your psp press theĀ x button and waa your finished

-reply by haya

Hey guys, it's been almost three years since I posted this thread and since then I have learned some things. First of all...

Any file that has the extension .rar can only be opened with a program called Winrar. You can download this program straight from the Winlabs website:

http://www.rarlab.com/

Iso files can also be opened and mounted on disc with programs such as Nero and Daemon Tools. Search those on Google to find download links. With regards to PSP, you place the ISO file into one of the folders enclosed in the PSP. You need to connect your PSP via the USB cord to access these folders.

Hope this helps :angel:

how to get rar files to work on my psp ?Psp Iso/.rar Convertor

I downloaded a game composed of 3.Rar files after using winrar ..The extracted filesĀ  and folders had the same name anyone can help??

-reply by karim