xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MusicOnly

Cant See Hosted Pictures problem, problem

Hello! I am right now doing web template and i uploaded whole thing in my file manager but the problem is that when i load my page i cant see the banner and menu- jpg files! the links to pictures are correct but still doesnt show my pics! Help please! and i have another problem! you cant access my site if you type www only without it! how to fix this? thanx!

several factors:
1. you may not have uploaded the images in their correct folder/s. a 404 error is found when viewing your header banner directly. simply correct the folder structure that is required by your template, then your problem is solved.
2. if you have edited template image files, you may have improperly linked the images (though you seem to have ruled this out).
3. you may have misspelled the filenames of the images you uploaded, and does not conform to the filenames you used in your template file -- or vice versa. double-check spelling.
4. if your hotlinking protection is enabled, simply add your url to the approved urls allowed to access your images (though it seems this is off on your cpanel, or you may have already added your url in the list, since other images appear to load).

as for your www problem, i can't tell for certain... possibly a domain registrar issue. some do not set up both WITH www and WITHOUT www in their domain's DNS.

ok, first of all!@matak: i upload all my files in public_html folder so this isn`t the problem!@serverph: i am afraid that you are looking at the wrong site! I wanted to do this for search.themusiconly.infothis site doesn`t have any connection with my blog. so called search template is created in dreamweaver and it has banner which just cant seem to be viewed! the possibility that i have typed URL is 0% because i copied link location and paste it into address bar! and about domain! as you can see on trap proces page, you need to enter your domain name without "www". i once typed www and it was working but i really got nervous when i saw in my address bar www.themusiconly.info; thanks for your time!

You missed this from serverph

4. if your hotlinking protection is enabled, simply add your url to the approved urls allowed to access your images (though it seems this is off on your cpanel, or you may have already added your url in the list, since other images appear to load).

Read all responses before taking your action. Go to your cPanel > Hotlink Protection and enter search.themusiconly.info to the list of site that can view your image. If you want to cover all basis enter http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ as well. If you have modified .htaccess to enable hotlink please adjust your .htaccess rewrite accordingly.

That will solve your issue. :P

First of all thanks serverph for help and sorry, i completely missed hotlink part! Thanks BH for reminding me to read the whole post because this really worked! :Dnow if you could only help me solve the domain problem :P

nice to hear you had at least one problem figured out now. :P i'd recommend you contact your domain registrar (where you bought your domain), to dig deeper on this www issue. i have a gut-feel this has to do with how your domain is configured on their end.