xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
krtbs

Starcraft 2

They are going to bring out Starcraft 2? Awesome. I hope it will be Mac compatible, like the first one.I remember spending countless hours playing the first one. Actually became quite good and would often play on international servers (even though I was only on a 33.6K Dailup connection).

Ok I have never asked this question but what is Star Craft? Do you build stuff like on Reign of Chaos?

They are going to bring out Starcraft 2? Awesome. I hope it will be Mac compatible, like the first one.I remember spending countless hours playing the first one. Actually became quite good and would often play on international servers (even though I was only on a 33.6K Dailup connection).

Unfortunely he never said they were going to release the game - he was asking a question.

Typo, this game is exactally like reign of chaos, but it's set in the future. Not as good graphics either,

[quote name='http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, we must look at the concept of a StarCraft 2 through rational eyes. StarCraft is the most successful Real Time Strategy game of all time, played professionally on an international level. To create a StarCraft 2 makes complete sense financially, since it will immediately sell several million copies once released, thereby breaking the "fastest selling PC game ever" records set by its predecessors Diablo II and Warcraft III. However, Warcraft III is also a RTS game, and with the recent announcement of its expansion set, The Frozen Throne, it appears unlikely that Blizzard will announce or acknowledge a competing product anytime in the near future.

We must also contemplate on the mere idea of StarCraft 2, the game. The original StarCraft and its expansion, Brood War, set the standard for all RTS games to come. It was perfect in nearly every way in respect to gameplay, including perfect speed, balance, and replayability. Regarding singleplayer, the original storyline was perfectly crafted to complement an already outstanding multiplayer game, earning the game much praise for having one of the best fictional universes ever created. Considering these facts, StarCraft 2 will have immense pressure on it to match, let alone surpass the greatness of its predecessor. The idea of taking on a task of such large magnitude is certainly daunting, and perhaps this is why none of Blizzard's teams have stepped up to the challenge.

It is a fact that starcraft2.com is owned by Vivendi Universal Interactive Publishing North America, the parent company of Blizzard Entertainment. The website's WHOIS information:

Vivendi Universal Interactive Publishing North America

DNS Admin

6080 Center Drive

Los Angeles, CA 90045

US

Phone: 310-431-4000

Email: vuipna-dns@vuinteractive.com

Common sense tells us that the fact that Blizzard owns the domain itself means nothing. It isn't uncommon for game developers to register multiple domains to protect their copyrighted titles in anticipation of a sequel, spin off, or general expansion. All this tells us is that Blizzard intends to "revisit the world of StarCraft" some time in the future, but of course we already know that.

I think that a starcraft 2 would be wonderful, even a second expansion. I would like to argue the fact that it is nothing like Reign of Chaos due to the superior technology tree in starcraft, after playing starcraft for one year the switching to Reign of Chaos I could not stand the graphics and how laggy it gets from having up to like 180 units on map. But thats a little of topic, I never heard word of there being a second starcraft game until i seen this forum today. I know there was going to be one that you control just one character at a time and fight of the enemy but that isn't quite Starcraft 2. Anyways Nice talking to you all good luck with starcraft.

You can look at their official site I don't remember just google it. I think the race marine. protoss (my favorite), zerge are back with some common unit. But they change the graphic to look more pro. And add some new unit. Right now they are revealing the race of human (Terrain, Terrain ghost, etc...) They are cool!

I've downloaded some of the screenshoots from Starcraft2 because it will be a great game so far I knew the first one had become. I can't wait until they released some of trailers to show how the game will be in the near future.

Really?? Geee, I thought it was coming this october... Well guess not, I did not have high expectations anyway. I sort of knew that the release would be delayed just as warcraft 3 was delayed for about a year or so... Oh well, I dont think my computer would have run it smoothly, this just gives me about another year to save some for a new and powerful computer

will i have played the freest one allot of timei even still having and playing itand i have never played a strategy game like this oneeven with the bad graphics it is the best strategy gameand the storyis also greatand you have 3 deferent army to chose fromand the Webn's are much deferentwill one of my dreamsthat i can create game like it