xisto Community
zak92

God

Is God there? Who is god? Why is God? How did God come into being? There has to have been a start of everything and FAITH is what humans turn to. God did it, God did that. But is God there? Who is God? Did God really do this? I personally do not believe in God.

Hi everyone, never been on here before, but it looked interesting...On the off-chance that anyone cares what I think here goes:It is impossible really to have any rasoned arguement about the existence of god with a believer. Of course, you could have a conversation atheist to atheist, but as neither of you actually believe in a higher power: what's the point? So, why can't you argue with a Christian? It's the matter of faith.You can come up with as many reasoned arguements and back them up as well as you like but the Christian will always ruin a perfectly good debate, especially if you back him/her into a corner, by saying that it is a matter of faith - and of course that if you don't have it you will burn in hell for an eternity or suffer some other ghastly punishment. Perhaps being the only single women surrounded by a sea of attractive gay men. I say this as most men wouldn't mind being surrounded by a sea of attractive gay women. But I digress...On a serious note; there is no firm way to prove or disprove the existence of God and so we ALWAYS return to the matter of faith, to which there can be no real response. So to any believers in God readign this I implore you: have a reasonable debate. Fight fair. Don't ruin it by using the F word.I leave you with two of the ten commandments which i feel convey the hypocrisy of Christianity quite well:The 2nd commandment: 'Thou shalt worship no other God but me, for i am a jealous God'The 7th commandment: 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, neither shall you desire your neighbour?s house, or field, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor' For jealousy is a sin.

I would love to belive god is real. Someone watching over you and guiding you though life. But the sad fact is, there is no God. If there was a God where is he? Christans say the proof of god is us and everything around us. Yes Science had discovered that that is wrong. Science can explain how life began. With hard evidence. Yet religion ahs nothing to stand on by, only belives and faith.If there was a God would he allow the amout things that happen, happen.

The 2nd commandment: 'Thou shalt worship no other God but me, for i am a jealous God'

The 7th commandment: 'Thou shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, neither shall you desire your neighbour’s house, or field, or male or female slave, or ox, or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor' For jealousy is a sin.

Jealousy isn't a sin, it's what may come from it that is sin. If one covets someone else's stuff they may be inclined to steal them—sin. There is no hypocriticalness about those two commands. For since there is no other god besides God, God isn't really stealing anyone from any other god. For every other god is creation. :P

I would love to belive god is real. Someone watching over you and guiding you though life. [1]But the sad fact is, there is no God. [2]If there was a God where is he? Christans say the proof of god is us and everything around us. Yes [3]Science had discovered that that is wrong. Science can explain how life began. With hard evidence. [4]Yet religion ahs nothing to stand on by, only belives and faith.

[5]If there was a God would he allow the amout things that happen, happen.

[1]And you know this how?

[2]He is not everything around us. But He is everywhere: Omnipresence. And you did not even take any time to get to know God, therefore you ask, "Where is He?"

[3]Glad you provided some proof. :(

[4]Ah, just like this entire post of yours. :(

[5]Yes.

so you mean he put it there himself, but the devil aka satan in the form of the snake teased then into eating the fruit. if he knew it all along, why didn't he prevent it from happening himself? if he cared so much for his creations, he'd do anything to let it stay away from harm.

I just felt that I might be able to put a little debate into this. I love debating :P I think he did that because he actually wanted them to be able to learn from their decisions. I mean, think about it. If he is deciding everything and making everything work out good, it's like we're all a bunch of robots. If everything is always good and nothing is bad, then what is good? There's no joy or anything! If someone does something good when that person could have done something bad, how much better it is than just not making any difference! That's all I really wanted to say. I know he probably caused himself a lot of pain, but I think overall in the end it's all worth it. He knows how everything will go, and I can guarantee that everything that looks bad will cause something good to come out of it. I hope I didn't offend you.

[hr=noshade]

Also, if God is real, which may be true, then why are babies dying of cancer. What have they done wrong?

I think babies die of cancer because of our decisions. If Adam and Eve hadn't made the wrong decision babies wouldn't die of cancer. God wanted us to have a choice, so that we wouldn't be like robots (I said this in a previous discussion). Humans made the WRONG decision, and so we have to face the results. God doesn't like it. But he doesn't want to have to control everything, it's time that we learn how to face our mistakes and what joy there will be when we do make right decisions! I hope this made sense :(

[/hr]

I would love to belive god is real. Someone watching over you and guiding you though life. But the sad fact is, there is no God. If there was a God where is he? Christans say the proof of god is us and everything around us. Yes Science had discovered that that is wrong. Science can explain how life began. With hard evidence. Yet religion ahs nothing to stand on by, only belives and faith.

If there was a God would he allow the amout things that happen, happen.

I would greatly appreciate it if instead of just stating that Science has hard evidence for how life began, I'd really appreciate it if you could post the hard facts themselves! I get the feeling that many people are saying there is evidence (on both sides) yet no one really gives any evidence. The discussion is not nearly specific enough, it seems. I will post what in my opinion is some specific evidence for Christianity:

The Bible itself is a very strong indicator of the truth of Christianity. Did you know that every single historical fact (other than possibly the specific details of how God was involved) has been found in multiple other non-christian manuscripts? Did you know that this is the oldest book, yet, surprisingly, most supported by other books than any other book? Did you know that the Bible never contradicts itself? Everything fits in perfectly, if understood well. In my opinion, this itself is very strong. If everything is supported in the Bible, then why wouldn't the rest be true? Would the authors of the Bible just lie on certain points? I think it would be incredibly hard to be found so extremely true but not to lie in several aspects; wouldn't that immensely change the story?

Give me some time to do a bit of thinking, and I will be able to give you more facts about Christianity; I don't think it is only faith.

On your question on why he would allow that:

I have previously said this:

I think he did that because he actually wanted them to be able to learn from their decisions. I mean, think about it. If he is deciding everything and making everything work out good, it's like we're all a bunch of robots. If everything is always good and nothing is bad, then what is good? There's no joy or anything! If someone does something good when that person could have done something bad, how much better it is than just not making any difference! That's all I really wanted to say. I know he probably caused himself a lot of pain, but I think overall in the end it's all worth it. He knows how everything will go, and I can guarantee that everything that looks bad will cause something good to come out of it.

I hope it answers that question.

[hr=noshade]

Is God there? Who is god? Why is God? How did God come into being? There has to have been a start of everything and FAITH is what humans turn to. God did it, God did that. But is God there? Who is God?

Did God really do this?

I personally do not believe in God.

Good arguments. When we really think about it, our minds are so incapable of completely understanding anything! When did God start? It seems impossible. However, I just wanted to tell you what I believe is when God started. Imagine a ring. It doesn't start, and it doesn't end. I think it's just like that. Eternity is like a ring, never beginning and never ending, it just keeps on going. We all imagine that what then? What after that? More is the answer. It's also like a line. Never beginning, never ending. We can only hope to understand it a little bit. The other question is, let's just say evolution is true, then what? What happens? No one knows... God will only reveal himself to you if you seek him out. If you really believe in him, then he will reveal himself to you. It's like standing at the edge of a cliff. At the bottom is the softest and best feeling cotton, let's say, and you will not hurt yourself because you will just keep falling through the cotten and eventually stop. Now, you can't see the cotton! So you say "Where is the cotton?" but you can only find it if you actually jump. Thankfully, supposing evolution is true, you will have no consequence for jumping. Supposedly, it doesn't matter. I assure you, if you seek him with all your heart that you will find him. He's right there. That's the big problem. Most parts of Christianity can be faith, although there are many facts. So if you believe in just the facts, that should be enough to get you through the faith part, unless you are set against it. It is impossible to get anywhere if you are in the standpoint "Jesus does not exist. I will not ever even think of that idea as being real." What do you suggest other than Christianity? I mean, I'm just interested in what you do believe in. Most of the time, it seems that the only thing ever suggested is Christianity. It would make for a more interesting debate if we could talk about the other side too :( See you all soon

P.S. I wish someone would reply to my posts! :([/hr]

Notice from truefusion:
Please edit your post if you want to respond again. And please discontinue from signing off your posts. Thanks. :(

It's also like a line. Never beginning, never ending.

I think your ring analogy was better off with the no-start, no-end thing. For a line can have a beginning, and, i believe, even if it stretches for infinity.
Meh, if i think too far into this i run into paradoxes.

I think your ring analogy was better off with the no-start, no-end thing. For a line can have a beginning, and, i believe, even if it stretches for infinity.
Meh, if i think too far into this i run into paradoxes.

Yeah, this topic can get a bit confusing. That's why I like it, I love debating especially when you have to really think hard. I think the ring idea is better too. It's more simple. Another person I know once read something out of a book that I will mention now but I really don't think that it is as good/simple as the ring analogy. The person said that time is like a blanket. Many things happen on it, but it is not like there is a beginning or end in time itself. For example, God may have begun some time, but that is just a segment of a line on the blanket. Our lives are also like segments of lines on the blanket. I guess it's an okay analogy, but it doesn'tn get much better than the ring analogy.

Please edit your post if you want to respond again. And please discontinue from signing off your posts. Thanks. :P

Ok, I'll make sure I try to do that. I'm not 100% sure I understand though. Does that mean that instead of clicking reply to another person's post when I already am the last one who posted I just say "Edit" on my own post and add a quote and what I would have said? And I'm pretty sure I know what signing off my post is :( Did you edit that and take away when I signed my name? Thanks for the tips.

In our desperate moments,we hoped for a god to exist,we want god to exist,we wished for it,and finally when our fear is closing in,we created god.it gives us strength,it inspires us and keeps us moving,it gives us hope,but a false hope,for god is our creation,our consciousnes of this worldand the world around us is youngthus we have to create a godto provide us hope and answers.man as individual and as a raceis too young to comprehend everything.there will be a timein which our understanding of ourselvesand the spaces around us will growand we will no longer havethe desire for a god to existour fear will be replaced byacceptance and understandingthen like the pagansour worship of god will ceased to existand become a historyi too want a god to existto end the cruelty of this worldi am desperatei wished for iti hoped for iti want god to existbut we are the source of our despairthus we must create the answer: god

[. . .]we created god.
[. . .]
for god is our creation,

You are right to say that god doesn't exist and that god is our creation. But God, on the other hand, exists. :P

then like the pagansour worship of god
will ceased to exist
and become a history

You speak of nothing new that hasn't already been known over 2000 years ago. :(

You are right to say that god doesn't exist and that god is our creation. But God, on the other hand, exists. :PYou speak of nothing new that hasn't already been known over 2000 years ago. :(

I was once a catholic,
no i am still a catholic
but i am a non believer.
it have to be that way
or my society will persecute me.
ive read the whole old testament,
its a great story, there is moral to it
but it is a story, nothing more.
Like the parable of Jesus
it gives us enlightenment,
it answers our questions
and cast our fears for the moment
but it is not true.
An illusion that we have to create
so that the belief in god
can be substantiated in someway.

i do not distinquish the pagan gods
and the one God
that modern believers worship
they are the same.
in fact the one god comes from pagan gods.
as our maturity turns into teenage
we decided, no we believe
that there should only be one god
for god is to be absolute
and if there are many of them
then it would make them a lesser god
so we cast aside our pagan gods
and created a god of all gods

jews are not the first believer of a one god
they just borrowed it from an egyptian pharaoh
once there was this egyption pharaoh
who ordered that the worship of all the gods will stop
for he believed there is only one god, the sun god.
but since during that time
we are at our babyhood,
our understanding is too young
such concept can not yet be accepted
that when he died, the pharaoh next to him
erased the belief in one god.

do we need a god?
why do we struggle.
why do we protect our belief in god?
are we too weak
to seek protection from an almighty god?
we are being murdered in many forms
becuase of god.
wars are fought, children are mutilated
women are raped becuase of god.
is it not true that one god
should have united us all?
but why are we divided
when all of us believe in one god?

is it not enough already that
we used god from time to time
to enslave people and capture their lands
like the Spanish did and Portuguese.
if god existed the world would have been
striked by a lightning hundreds of years ago
for we have violated the first rule an of almighty god
"not to use his name in vain"
but yet we continue to do so.

when will we free ourselves
from the shackles of slavery
from our belief in god?
when will we cast our fears away
and accept that we are what we are,
a part of nature like the trees and humming birds.
weve created god to make us very special,
different from nature but we are nature.
we do not need god to be special.
we are already special
we are the only specie
that have developed wisdom
and that is special.
we are the only specie
that have the power to protect
ourselves and everything around us
and that is very special.

Your way of writing has changed for this specific topic, i find that interesting, but i digress...

[hr=noshade]

Since you've read the whole thing, surely you must've come across all of the scientific facts mentioned in the Bible—surely that means more than nothing, correct? Here's a topic on this very forum about those facts. :P Could you provide me a list of other religions that has had scientifically proven facts, at least one or the same amount as in the Abrahamic religions? That'd be great. :( It's hard to understand some translations of other religions sometimes, so even if one did mention at least one scientific fact, i would probably not notice.

it answers our questions

So you managed to interpret all of Jesus' parables? I'm sure you know why Jesus spoke in parables, correct? If not, i could provide the verse. :(

Also, could you PM your interpretations of all of his parables? That'd be really great. :(

and the one God

they are the same.

Then it is quite interesting that the pagan gods (idols) and God both give different commands (Psalm 106:36-39; Jeremiah 7:30-31; Isaiah 58:6-7).

I'm assuming as in "we" you mean "everyone on earth." But that can't be possible, for there are atheists in this world. And how could having more than one god mean some are inferior? If they are inferior, then they could be easily destroyed. But that would mean they weren't a god to begin with, for a god cannot be destroyed.

we are at our babyhood,

That pharaoh must've been disappointed at every sunset and/or when the moon overpowered its god during a solar eclipse. What was this pharaoh's name? At what time did he exist?

[1]do we need a god?

why do we struggle.

[2]are we too weak

[3]we are being murdered in many forms

becuase of god.

[4]is it not true that one god

[5]but why are we divided

[1]Would you be here without Him?

[2]Can you tell a natural disaster, "Do not bother me!" or "Stay far from me!" and it'll obey you?

[3]Your accusation is pure conjecture; even more so for one who claims to have read the entire OT. (Isaiah 54:15)

[4]Is it not true that we are capable of choosing to be united or not?

[5]I believe an atheist would disagree with you here.

For one who claims to used to be a Catholic, you forget many things. For instance, God's grace and Judgment Day. Perhaps you're getting tired of waiting?

[1]when will we free ourselves

from our belief in god?

[2]when will we cast our fears away

[3]weve created god to make us very special,

[4]we do not need god to be special.

[5]we are already special

[6]we are the only specie

and that is special.

[7]we are the only specie

[1]When will we free ourselves from the disbelief of God? :(

[2]You must've not paid much attention when reading the OT. It is a universal Biblical belief that we are creation just like every other form of creation.

If we do not need God to make us special ([4]), then why did we create God for Him to make us special ([3]) if we already are special ([5])?

[6]What is wisdom if no one uses it properly and if no one understands it?

[7]I'm quite sure other animals can protect themselves as well. If i must bring in a known statement ("Survival of the fittest") to prove it, then so be it. :( And we can't protect everything around us. So, there's nothing special about it.

[/hr]

I was once a catholic,

no i am still a catholic

but i am a non believer.

it have to be that way

or my society will persecute me.

Interesting how you phrase it that way! I am a Christian and society does not persecute me. In fact, most nations look up at America in awe (being an international type of person I can say that; I lived in China the last three years and was born in Germany), and it was built on Christianity when the pilgrims came over; the founders of our Constitution were Christians! How then can you say that Christianity is a weak faith if it built this nation; this amazing nation?!

it answers our questions

but it is not true.

An illusion that we have to create

so that the belief in god

can be substantiated in someway.

It appears to me that most of your writing is entirely vague, not at all specific. You do not give any examples of any thing that has really happened except for saying "it answers our questions and cast our fears for the moment but it is not true." could you please point out somewhere in the Bible that isn't true please? Also, the whole foundation of Christianity is the New Testament, what happens after you become a Christian. In my opinion, the Old Testament emphasizes God's creation in general and how amazing it is that we can actually be forgiven of all our sins and all the laws and everything; abolished in Jesus' name!

and the one God

they are the same.

The one God did not start when teenagers made up a new god. Did you know that God has been believed in many many years ago? Of course that is obvious. God has said in the Bible (I wonder if you really have read the Old Testament or not) that he DETESTS pagan gods!!! Then how can you possibly not distinguish the difference?

we are at our babyhood,

I know exactly what pharaoh you are talking about. I have to admit, I wonder why you bring it up, because, in fact, this is EVIDENCE for Christianity! After Joseph left with his people, the next pharaoh was called Amhotep I think. He changed his name or something like that because he believed in God. In order to make it acceptable to his people he called it Amun-re, the sun god. This gives strong evidence that there was such a thing as God long ago who performed miracles by the hand of moses and caused this man to come to God and have a sun god. The hearts of the other pharaohs were hardened after him and they had not seen God's miracles, so they of course did not believe in God. This pharaoh did not start Christianity, but Christianity reformed the pharaoh himself! How amazing!!!

do we need a god?

why do we struggle.

are we too weak

we are being murdered in many forms

becuase of god.

is it not true that one god

but why are we divided

Again, I can not reply to this if you have no evidence whatsoever. So right, I'm supposed to believe that children are mutilated because of God. When?!?!

There's two statements here. First of all, you say like the Spanish and Portuguese did. These weren't doing it in the name of God! God did not want them to do that! They were doing it for themselves, for the gold of the Aztecs. I wonder greatly how you can think that they did that for God!

when will we free ourselves

from our belief in god?

when will we cast our fears away

weve created god to make us very special,

we do not need god to be special.

we are already special

we are the only specie

and that is special.

we are the only specie

God made us in his image. He has given us many blessings. In return, we ask when we will free ourselves from God's shackles. We become proud, and we say that we are an amazing species. Did you ever wonder how suddenly amongst all other extremely inferior species we rose up? Coincidence?! No, it is because of God and we are blessed.

Well, I'm Christian, so I pretty much believe most of what you say, but I just think it's kinda unbelievable not to believe in God. Can you seriously look outside and think that all happened by chance? I think it's pretty clear that there has to be someone or something out there....Actually, in a stretch of a metaphor, you could say that the supposed "Big Bang" was God, there are a lot of ways to look at it, but I just don't see how something could come from nothing.

This is a tough one, There are really two main views on this and it depends on the kind of person you are. There are people who are very analytical and can only believe what is in front of them or can be seen and there are people who believe there is god. I personally dont think there is a god, I think religion is made up and dont believe in that either. People need hope, Its what keeps them going so a vast majority of people seek this in religion and god.