xisto Community
Iceblade

What's Your First System?

Darn, I thought this topic was about personal computer systems not consoles. Well my first console was the first atari. Fun stuff. Just for fun... my first computer system ran windows 3.1 with like 32kb of ram I think.

my first system was a media 8-bit console and I played it for nearly 6 years before getting a 16 bit console. However, I got my first PC about 3 months after that and since then have said goodbye to non hand-held game consoles. I prefer playing on a PC using mouse and keyboard. I use a game pad for games that are best played using a game pad. I have owned a gameboy?advance and an N-Gage QD since then but I have to say, the N-Gage was a disaster although I still play the Gameboy.

My first gaming system would have to be the Super Nintendo, oh how happy I was when I opened that present on Christmas ^^I loved the games back then, Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past, Super Mario, some yoshi game I can't remember the name of, golf.....yes golf lol :D

My first system was a Sega Dreamcast. Then we moved and it got lost so I got a Mega Drive, which was weird. Then I got another Dreamcast. It broke and then i got an N64. I still got it but I use Xbox more because of Xbox Live. I never got a Playstation and I still don't. Sony suck.

I have never had a gaming console too except for an 8bit crap I used when I was small. I have always used computers for my gaming.

You might be pleased to know that old school video games are making a comeback - in a big way. A lot of people, especially in my age group (I'm 25) are actively seeking out Atari, NES, Sega, etc. games and consoles. I don't know exactly why other people do it, but I play old school games because newer gaming systems make me sick (literally). I can't even watch my sibs playing anything N64 or later without getting dizzy, so I stick with what I can play smile.gif

Well, I might think you are wrong here. personally, i dont fancy those old gaming consoles. the games they have to offer are all crap to me n alll my pals prefer the newer consoles to the later ones. I am 25 too.

The first system I had was a Atari! It was my favorite system ever when I had it, I would only play pacman but ehhh who cares it never gets old haha. I also loved space invaders if im not correct? those are the only games that I could play forever and of course when the games got more advance i owned a PS1 and such and kept getting better now I have a wii and I got to say, it is much better than atari ahaha. Atari was the best tough in my book. I also loved SNES but it broke on me so I haven't really gotten to see what it can do. Of course Sega was good but too bad it dissapeared and sonic went to nintendo, but then again Atari was gone too. They were big too..

Well my first gaming console was nothing fancy... but I can say I have lived the glorious days of the birth of the modern consoles :XD: . It was a Sega Mega Drive II (did some heavy research on Google to find it's name since I only remember it by it's looks). Some 10-12 years after, looking at it's specifications (7.16MHz main CPU, 64 KB Main ROM, 64 KB Video RAM...) it looks awful. But those thousands hours of Super Mario Brothers and Pac-Man tell a different story... Only looking at the screenshots of Super Mario Brothers it makes me cry...
I guess the PlayStation 2 generation can never appreciate moments like that. Moments when games weren't played because they had great graphics powered by DirectX9 or 10 or because of the great 5.1 sounds, but simply because of the gameplay... That is lost forever...
I also had another console just like that but I can't remember it's name and I can't find it's picture, but I remember playing Pong (the original or some later version) on it. Those 2 consoles were my last... when I bought my first PC I abandoned the game consoles.

Here is a photo... brings back so many great memories: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:SegaMegadrive2.jpg

my very first gamming console was the snes. man that was one of my most favorite of all the game consoles even though it has the worst graphics besides atari and things of that nature it is still very inevative to see a game like that to come into play though.

Well, I might think you are wrong here. personally, i dont fancy those old gaming consoles. the games they have to offer are all crap to me n alll my pals prefer the newer consoles to the later ones. I am 25 too.

I never said that ALL of us were into old consoles/games. Just many of us. So no - I'm not wrong.

mine was a NES, then i got a SNES, then after that i got a Gameboy, then a SEGA... Then a ps1, and then a gamecube, then a xbox :).The NES and Gameboy was given to me (NES for birthday when i was 6 and Gameboy for birthday when i was 11) the rest i bought my self. I did the papers! :XD: