xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
sylenzednuke

American Idiot Wallpaper. My second try :P

Well, so after Jesus Of Suburbia, here I am with my second wallpaper, the song is American Idiot by Green Day. ;)

After this I will try Boulevard Of Broken Dreams, Holiday and Wake Me Up When September Ends. And then I might shift to making generic wallpapers, first I wanna pay tribute to my favorite album and my favorite band. ;)

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/404.png

Rate it on a scale of 10 as usual... ;)

I give it a five. But then again I do not like American Idiot that much. Did you make this or find it?

I give it a five. But then again I do not like American Idiot that much. Did you make this or find it?

I made it! This is my second wallpaper, the first one was based on Jesus Of Suburbia, it's there on Xisto, just visit the "3D/Large Pieces" section.Anyways, thanks for you 5.

I give it a 7. I dont like that brown thing around their heads! i cant wait to see your next wallpapers especially WMUWSE

I actually really really like it. I give it a 9/10. The only thing I would have done different, I would have used the lasso tool and actually cut round the heads, then blended it. Sorry I think the thing round there heads really spoils it. But nevertheless, very good ;).

I give it a 7 out of ten. I don't really think Green Day's song American Idiot but the album is nice. I can't wait to see your Boulevard of Broken Dreams. wallpaper. I personally think that that is there best song ever!

I give it a 9! Why no one likes American Idiot ;)The wallpaper is well done, you got the style. The border of the screenshots would look better if blurred a bit, so that wont look like overplaced, if you understand me.Keep'em coming!

I give it a 9! Why no one likes American Idiot ;)The wallpaper is well done, you got the style. The border of the screenshots would look better if blurred a bit, so that wont look like overplaced, if you understand me.
Keep'em coming!

I don't know myself who most of the people don't like American Idiot, I am not in love with the song myself but I surely am in love with the album ;)
I am editing this wallpaper and working on some more, my friend sent a request for a Whatsername wallpaper too so it might be there too. ;)
But all of this might take time as my second preliminary exams are going on and I won't be on Xisto from 8th of March to 21st of March because of my board exams, Indians will know how important these exams are, they are like the things which determine your entire future quite a lot...

I like the song... not so awesome like the 9 minutes of Jesus of Suburbia but it?s more of the classical Green Day style that they have always done well.Yes.. the wallpaper. I really like it and I have to agree with most here that the brown frame surrounding the musicians doesn?t fit really well. If you want to do that, maybe you could try using a red similar to the heart-grenade or a green like the flag stripes just to see if the result is more natural.Maybe you could send it to a fansite for people to download it, I think it?s quite good8/10

I like the song... not so awesome like the 9 minutes of Jesus of Suburbia but it´s more of the classical Green Day style that they have always done well.
Yes.. the wallpaper. I really like it and I have to agree with most here that the brown frame surrounding the musicians doesn´t fit really well. If you want to do that, maybe you could try using a red similar to the heart-grenade or a green like the flag stripes just to see if the result is more natural.

Maybe you could send it to a fansite for people to download it, I think it´s quite good
8/10

Well, I am editing it, the thing is that both the reds are actually the same, but because of the gradience and the green behind them, they look brown, I am taking out those 3 pictures and trying something else now to fill up that space, after I am done with a full set, I will be sending it to GDA for sure.
I like the song too, especially the riff in the start, and yeah Jesus Of Suburbia has to be my favorite song from the album, I am currently trying to play that song on my bass. Not really good at it and I'm just a beginner who has never even handled a acoustic guitar before, yup I am that much of a newbie, so I have problems shifting from 2 on the E string to 4 on the A string, if that's gone I can do the hidden bass solo pretty well. ;)

Umm, I guess I'm off topic now so better keep my mouth shut. ;)

@ Dtuhy: If you do not like American Idiot then any specific reason why you chose this thread to reply to?

i do not like american idoit

No one asked if you like American Idiot. He asked if you like the wallpaper.
I've never heard the song and I'm not into Green Day, so I'll give you an unbiased opinion of about an 8.5/10. It's nice to look at and it's kinda interactive for a fan. The pics almost tell a story. You do good work. Is Wake My Up by Efervesnsonce (I have no clue how to spell that)? Looking forward to your next one.

No one asked if you like American Idiot. He asked if you like the wallpaper.
I've never heard the song and I'm not into Green Day, so I'll give you an unbiased opinion of about an 8.5/10. It's nice to look at and it's kinda interactive for a fan. The pics almost tell a story. You do good work. Is Wake My Up by Efervesnsonce (I have no clue how to spell that)? Looking forward to your next one.

Wake Me Up When September Ends is by Green Day itself and same album too (American Idiot).
Efervesnsonce?!? Did you mean Evanescence? [;)]

Looks pretty good. I'll give it 6 or 7. I would give it a 8 if you fixed the boxes around there head. There is like a 1 pt stroke around them or something. A bit distracting. I really enjoy the poster in a grid format on the left though! Also i like the text on the bottom, but maybe just one of them. I think it gets to busy and distracting towards the piece. Maybe incease the size slightly and delete all but one. I think withh just a few touchups it could easily be a 10/10