xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
jcreuter

Laptop Or Desktop?

wich do u have?  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Laptops rule no doubt about that! I mean there are small an flexible! ( As in you can move with them bring them places!)When is the last time you saw a guy in a airplane with a desktop!!??I own a laptop and it rules! Down with desktops! ;)

I have 3 laptops but i would much prefer a desktop to atleast 2 of those if not all 3. First of all, it is nice taking my small and light laptop to class and on trips but it isnt much easier than a notebook since some classes like math ones you cant take notes on a pc. The reason a desktop is better is that not only are they more reliable but you can upgrade consistently with them. This allows them to end up being much cheaper than a desktop and much more versitale. The reason upgrade is important is if you play any games, after about 2 years you laptop can not really perform well enough to play anything new currently. There is hope since they are releasing external video cards sometime this year but in the end a desktop will still be better. The only time a laptop would be prefered is if you are a businessman who travels alot then you need a laptop. Besides that, there is no reason not to get a desktop.

I have both a desktop and a laptop. Neither of them are perfect and each has their palace in the overall scope of things. I use the laptop (Compaq) when I am not at home and the desktop for my Internet browsing. (an iMac) I find the risk of the virii on the Internet to have been a problem, so arranged for the iMac from a friend to avoid the problem resulting from downloading virii and trojans, etc. And an external disk for transferring stuff between them. Works for me.

A laptop is the better half here desktops are more for home use they can not be used for those business people who have to travel if they have all there files they have to save it on a jump drive. I got a laptop and it is more easy to use and for those long trips. Only flaw about laptops is battery life.

I have a desktop and I just love it, for some reason I don't really like laptops, here we aren't allowed any sort of technology in school but even if we were allowed, my cell phone works just fine for that, even when it comes to browsing the internet, just buy a Bluetooth keyboard attachment and you can use it while travelling and stuff.Desktops are my preference as you can constantly upgrade them and modify them according to your tastes like stickers and stuff. ;)

I have both .I use laptop for :internet,chat.publishing,web design,server administration,sql and moreDesktop work like server or multimedia related work and for video or pict. editing.I have on it TV and DVB-S cards.I preffer laptop ,80 % of my PC time is laptop time.

i got a laptop and multiple desktops pc'sbut the laptop and the latest desktop are the most powerfull ones i gotthey are barely 1 year old so they are still good ^^but nothing said about the other oldtimers, they still run smooth with no errors, but i prefer a little faster ;)ow yea i prefer my desktop pc when i'm at home cause it doesn't crash as much as the laptop ^^laptops are good for using when your on the road

Edited by sniperkiller (see edit history)

If I had to choose I would say laptop. I like laptops because there easy to bring wherever you go. Another good thing about laptops is that you always can go on the internet. So, let's say your teacher wants to know how many satellites they are around our planet, all you would do is to take your computer out go on google find satellites and bing you have the answer. Now, the bad things about laptops. One, they can break easily unless, you have a tough book made by pansonic. Two, some things might not go as fast like internet. It's pretty much your choice if you like your computer in one spot you go to everyday get a desktop. But, if you love your computer so much you want to bring it everywhere then get yourself a laptop it up to you!! ;)

I own a desktop and a laptop. I find it quite a hassle to be switching between 2 computers but I use my desktop for my other stuff besides gaming, all my pictures, music, videos and backup files go to my desktop. And as for my laptop, I play my games there. Wierd I know, the only reason why I am playing my games on my laptop is because the gfx card in my desktop is screwed. It always renders rubbish while in the middle of a graphics intensive application. But if I were to choose, I would prefer a desktop for usage at a certain place and a laptop if you have to move around in internet cafes and in work places.

I have both. I use my desktop mainly for business (Plug Computers) and my laptop for more personal aspects of computing. I love being able to take my laptop anywhere in my house and just check email, research some things, check sports, or generally surf the net. I feel I get more accomplished when working at my desktop, because I'm there focused, my mind isnt involved in other things. Lately I have really been hooked to my desktop, ever since I got my new 24" widescreen LCD monitor it just makes it so much better. If you're a hardcore desktop person definately check into a big monitor. They're great.

Edited by PlugComputers (see edit history)

I am what people commonly refer to as a Computer Geek. I have worked in computer stores since I was fifteen and I get my hands on the newest technology as soon as I can. Which is often pretty quick as we get it in at work.I am a laptop supporter all the way. Smaller is better. Although I still do see a place for destops, I would always buy a laptop from here on.I own:3 desktops2 laptops1 palmtopI rarely ever use the desktops and they are mainly for the various members of my family, friends, bussiness assosiates, the bum who lives with me...I live on my laptop as I can take it anywhere and it is set up EXACTLY how I like it, it saves me having to ever switch machines, as I move it comes with me and the setup is the same each time. You can never set up two PCs exactly alike, even if you ghost the hard disk drive and use the same hardware, within about 10 minutes they will be totally different.I love my laptop because it is my personal home. Also as I am the only one that uses the system it is all mine. With the desktops there are multiple accounts (they are all set up on a roaming network, as is the other laptop I mentioned, connected to a central filesystem) and so I don't get 100% of the hard drive and other resoureces.Also, with the advantages of wireless I now get internet all over my house, and for quite a way around the land I own too! Of course I don't get total coverage but it's pretty damn good, I can go sit on the lawn and check my email with my breakfast. Also, although I can check my email and do all my work as I have Microsoft's Office, Open Office, Windows XP and a Linux Distribution (and a heck of a load of other software) I can still use the excuse that "Sorry I can't help you right now, I'm not in the office"! It's win win!If your buying new, go with a laptop, of course though, if multiple people are using it, go with a desktop.Don't spend too much on a laptop, or it'll just get damaged or worse stolen.I have a desktop with all my 'gadgets' on and my laptop is just a little bit above the average at the moment, so that if I drop it out of the window of my moving car at 170mph and a lorry hits it I will only cry for an hour. Hey I said I was a geek, I get attached to my machines!! No seriously, don't spend a thousand pounds on a laptop, half it, five hundred and a bigger stick of ram and that's all you'll even need!Grey.

Meh, I own a laptop, though, I'd rather a good desktop due to expandability and better performance. Plus I like a desktop.. my laptop heats up like crazy, its got 1tiny fan, 129mb geforce go6200; 1.7ghz Pentium M; 2X512 ram.. NEC i-Select M5610i. I really need to build myself a decent desktop.