xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Wanna Work In Google?

Oh my sweet loving God Almighty of this blessed Universe would I EVER love to work at Google!!!! I was scanning the channels the other night and came upon a nightly news report featuring the joy and love that IS working for Google. It was AMAZING. I was basically drooling at the end...and crying at the same time...because of the very sad reality behind the priviledge that it is to work over there.See, they have like 4000 jobs available and like a MILLION resumes coming in every day to try and fill those 4000 positions. So what are they odds that someone like you or me are going to actually get the chance to INTERVIEW (even), well...let's just say you'd have a better chance of growing wings and being able to commute via flight on a daily basis rather than have to fight traffic like the rest of us.So what's the deal??? Well, see, they don't just want drones sitting in cubicles doing specialized tasks like the rest of corporate America. nonono. What they want is someone with brains, business savvy and highly developed social skills. I think we all know that the marriage of technically advanced brains with non-socially retarded personalities is a tenuous one at best. I'm not saying ALL Geeks are incapable of holding a room full of people and mesmerize them into buying billions of dollars worth of stock....but...and let's be honest here, MOST ARE. I'm sorry, but it's true.So anyway, let's say you are one of the .000001% of the people who fit the really specific criteria Google is looking for? What perks do you get? Well, I SAW them live on TV and let's just say you'll never be brown bagging it again to work. They have chefs on site that will prepare anything your little heart desires pretty much any time of the day. And when you're done eating, you can go hang out in the SPA to relax and get back into the swing of things. They have a gym, free massages, pedicures, manicures...pretty much you name the luxury and they have it.Additionally, you don't have to dress up for work any more...you just wear whatever you're comfortable in. You can even bring your pets to work! And you get to hang around on the floor with co-workers, chatting and brainstorming and working in a fun, comfortable environment...it's just ridiculous. The rest of working america has GOT to wake up and start demanding work places like this...it's just heaven. And when you're finally ready to put together whatever new technology you're going to unleash for Google, you'll have access to equipment the federal government is envious of. Unbelievable!Sadly, this won't last forever. Eventually, even Google will have competition and their stock price will begin to normalize. Then you'll see the perks whittle away one by one until they're the same white bread boring environment that encompasses the rest of America...but until then....PLEASE update your resumes, leave your cell phone and IM on and take a chance! You'll never have one like this again..not in our lifetimes and I can guarantee that. And if you ARE successful, well, you'll probably be able to retire before age 40 and that ain't bad!

all i ever care for when working for someone is good money, and honest working hours. google is like every other company except that they can afford those "luxuries". big deal. it is good for those "smart" guys who just can't find their place couse their brain waves function 100 times faster then ours (well mine to be sure). but what's life about..you said if you were on of 0.1% who fit their profile, well then you aren't like other 99.99% who don't. the fact that i'm like 99.9% of other ppl struggling to make end with end in life is better to me, couse i have 99.9% chance that i'm going to hang out with ppl who have similar opinions and desires like i do.even so working for google would be great, and it also would be great that every other company has that working terms, but that is just impossible. and working for others is always gonna be that -- working for others! my goal in life is to be my own boss, no matter if i have millions or nothing, but the fact that i can say - "i wont work tommorow" is better than all of those millions $ that google is gonna give me. so what that they are gonna retire when 40.. big deal. i'm 20 once in life, and if i spend 20ies just working and working life passes by, and you get older. things you could do in 20ies are just not there anymore and when you come to think about it you will always remember that you weren't free but just like those other 99.9% of people you were making someone else much much more richer, and all that "big" money you were earning was just breadcrumbs to your bosses..anarchy is the answer i'm telling you ;)