xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MusicOnly

Against Google Tos? just an idea

Is it against Google TOS if i create site with nothing on it, only Google pay for search bar and tell my friends to use it instead of Google.comexample: i create http://www.musiconly.com/ and have only search bar on it. instead of google.com as their homepage my friends or other people use my site as search.

not sure about that.... for one thing, i believe google search bar and adsense prohibit soliciting of clicks from their text ads and search results.

Google looks at your site before they approve it. They look for completness. If it's a blank site, they won't accept you. It's because they won't be gaining any revenue.

Hmmm... I saw one page which is created like search site and guy is having cool background and few Google referral buttons and his site is up normally. I can remember the name. i wonder how did he managed to do this!?

Hmmm... I saw one page which is created like search site and guy is having cool background and few Google referral buttons and his site is up normally. I can remember the name. i wonder how did he managed to do this!?

perhaps he's got multiple websites and got approved by the google adsense team for one of them. then he just simply used his existing adsense codes (search bar, referral buttons, text ads, etc.) dedicated to that one you saw. it is highly unlikely that he got approved for adsense the first time if he simply has no sufficient content on a site like the one you saw. for first-time adsense registration, a content-driven site is a must. for such purpose as you mentioned in here, it is best to simply contact google to avoid any future problems, just to be assured of compliance with their TOS. ;)

Thanks! I guess he did the exactly what you have said. Well i ll try this! Maybe it will work! Thanks for your reply!

Also let me say that I had this problem once. I applied for Google Adsense a long time ago and did get accepted. Now I put the adverts on a different website, and I emailed there support team over this. I think all you have to be approved once, and you can put the adverts on any website as long as it sticks to the rules made by Google. I may be wrong, but what they have told me, I think that is what happens.I do not know if Google actually check the websites that you have put the advertisements on, they probably will do to check if it abides by the rules.

I think reading too much into things past will not let anything to be born or create in the future. If we're so hung up about "what could have been done differently to prevent it..." we're playing mindless blaming games and refusing to move forward.

Not sure about that but I will try to find it and post it here.

not sure about what???? and what are you going to find and post? be more specific or people wont know what you're talking about.