xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
delivi

Windows Live Mail Lite - 2 Gb hotmails new face

Microsoft has launched the new layout for its Mail service.The Windows Live Mail Lite is the lite version, no AJAX of the Windows Mail. This is helpful for the users with low connection speeds.The greatest news is that it offers 2GB of space for the mails.Now you can search your mails just as GMail offers.They've also introduced color codes for the Mails that you receive,Red - for mails that are found to be dangerous or harmfulYellow - for suspcious mailsWhite - for clean mailsYou can also customise the mail interface, which gmail dosent offers.At the present situation with a lot of privacy issues with Gmail, it is very good to shift to Hotmail. I don't think there is now no reason to say no to Hotmail.

Ooh... much better. But it still needs a bigger capacity if it wants to compete with Gmail... (capacity-wise) At least now they're trying to prove that they can be a good competition. I might actually try this... it seems like a good alternative to Gmail which has a lot of security issues. It won't hurt to try. ;)

Microsoft loves to give there competition a lead and then they come back with a one two hit ko. The new windows live mail is still in its beta version so that shows that microsoft is not finish yet when the final version comes out i guarantee that everyone is going to flock over to live mail.

The layout is way better than the old one, space is good 2 GB, and you will see Microsoft enhancing it as it is it's still in beta but somehow no matter how much Yahoo! and MSN Live Mail try, they just can't take over GMail. No matter how many times you shift, you have to get back to GMail and I don't know why but as a matter of fact, GMail loads faster on my computer than MSN Live Mail. I am running on a 115.2 kbps Bluetooth connection right now so it's slow but even, this was the same case when I had 256 kbps broadband. The layout of GMail is way cleaner and better to see at and it's always better with high res like 1280 x 1024. And sadly the gradient buttons in the new MSN Live Mail are ugly. ;)

I am still with GMail for some reason I just love it.

EDIT

I agree with the person below. ;)

Edited by sylenzednuke (see edit history)

I have one hotmail account, and i only have 1000 MB, hotmail plus offers 2 GB, but you must pay for it.I do not know why they are offering this new mail service with 2 GB and in the other hand the hotmail plus with 2 GB whcih you must pay, it is pointless and ridicule!Anyway, i was not using that account untill a couple of minutes ago which i activated it again, still, i prefer to use Gmail, i am not unhappy with it, au contraire, of course, Gmail is very slow, and i have a 4 Mbits internet connection speed, it it takes much more time to load when you try to login through the google talk program, it is better to open gmail site and then insert login details in terms of loading speed, still, it is very slow, it has too much features right now which takes to much resources (RAM and CPU % usage).Gmail is good, Hotmail is also good, Yahoo is also good, usually they offer the same stuff, with a few exceptions, it is just a matter of taste and trust on the company name, and now, with gmail security problems, i am a litle bit insecure, still, i prefer gmail

I actually use the windows live hotmail. You do get 2 Gigabytes of space and the layout is very nice. It is easy to use and look at your mail as well. The light version is alot like the old layout, but it loads alot faster. I love the extra space and its much easier to sort your email. I haven't used Gmail before, but from what I heard the live mail definitly competes now.