xisto Community
JeremyServ

Joomla Open source web development

Does anyone use joomla? It's the coolest thing in the world. I can't believe how easy and simple it is. I wonder if I should go into business as a website developer. Amazing technology. I have been using it for about 4 months now, and I have pretty well mastered enough to have a quality site up and running in a week and a half. Only took that long because I had to research and test various modules, components and bots to determine what would work for me.

No, I've never used Joomla. Not a fan of CMS, I prefer message boards, just IPB or vB. I have used e107 though, which was "OK", but I didn't like it enough to base my entire site off of.

Yeah i used Joomla on my previous host. This is one of the greatest CMS. I like the fact that you can get almost mod for everything you imagine. Great thing to save time and money.

I have just uploaded Joomla onto my webserver on Trap 17. I got quite bored just going round it all. I don't really know how to do anything on it, and would have liked a CMS with a Forum built in - Like PHP-Nuke. Hmm... I'll take a more deeper look a bit later ;)

Joomla is not only good CMS on the net... you can find more coolest CMS by visiting http://www.opensourcecms.com/ there you can find all opensource CMS. PHP is more have seriusly dangerous problem on hacking / security ...hacker can deface your site using sql injection method...so be carefully with your site... Edited by dedyradix (see edit history)

I used PHP nuke, MkPortal, xoops , but joomla is best (for Me). Jomla has more component, moduls, template. You can easy edit page from admin panel. Only problem is security, but if you upgate all part of joomla you couldn't have problem.

I've used Joomla only because there are many templates for it. But I think that the old Joomla (Mambo) is better than Joomla as CMS. I think that e107 is the best CMS, but this is my opinion

If you are looking to build just about any type of site (other than a blog), Joomla has almost every feature you could need. The content managment tools are pretty good, and with a large (and growing) number of third party components, modules and mambots (collectively rferred to as "extensions"), you can add much more functionality to your site.

joomla is quite good, have lots of extensions, it is the successor of mambo CMS but have grew quite well than mambo. it has larger community then that of mambo.

It isn't realy a successor to Mambo, rathetr it's a fork. Some of the original Mambo developers left the project, "borrowed" the source code (which is legally allowed under the GPL), and began a new project.
At this point, Mambo isn't recieving enough attention from the community for me to want to use it anymore. I have one site still running it, and since the 4.6 upgrade things have been going haywire. I would convert it to Joomla if I had time.