xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
PurPleKuSh

Pit Bull Terrier

Yes, he is very nice looking. Wouldn't you want to get him neutered though?He looks sad for some reason...

well YOU'D be sad if you were stuck in an animal shelter for that long. also, it's spelt "terrier". KuBi, please come back! please rename the topic. thank you. and something about the word "bull" in the name of the species tells me it's quite fierce. and being a male that hasn't been neutered...if you're going there, have a look at the golden retrievers and border collies. they tend to have a quieter temperament and are better suited as family pets.

Ive oed a pit bull before, they are very great family dogs. They can be aggressive but only if raised so. They are great dogs for scialization and vrey sweet. They are great protectors and are one of the most loyal dogs. Lab's are too big pit's are only medium sized dogs. Most of their weight comes from raw muscle. Theyr very strong and pretty hyper but i like to run so ill get it out of him daily. Pit's are great dog's all the bad press is usually wrong and 5/10 times its not really a pitbull but a different type of dog. Not too say their not aggressive, but if raised lovingly they are overly nice and full of love. It is by far my favorite breed of dog.

I quite like this breed of dog, but it's a shame that he has had to spend a while in a shelter.Personally, I don't like animal shelters. I think they're quite cruel for the cats, dogs and other animals that use them. They are unable to have a normal life like they should with a proper caring family, they are stuck to seeing the same things every minute of every day. Also, if the shelter you're getting the animal from has been poorly treated, he may get frightened easily or start chewing at objects, sometimes even yourself.This dog looks quite good from the photo. I hope you enjoy having him as a pet. He doesn't look fierce in the photo.

Yeah, they said hes very human and animal friendly and very loving. Hes been in there for a few weeks but the shelter is a great association. They have training classes and stuff like that so he should be fine.. I like to get dogs from the shelter because i dont like to let dogs die im a big dog lover and pit's are my favorite breed. i love the square heads, their loyalty, and their muscle tone. ill be sure to run him everyday and to get him a lot of toys to chew on (so he dosnt chew on my shoes haha) and of corse lots of TLC.

Yeah, it seems that pets that get sick while in the shelter has no option but to be let down, but still the shelter at least gives pet lookers some options before choosing a cat, a dog, bird, or whatever pet they are looking for.

nah, hes very gentle..gave him a treat when i went too see him the other day and he was gentle when he took it...very vrey strong tho....hes kind of skinny too..but i would expect that hes stressed from being locked in a cage for 3 weeks..well i got him its official i signed for him and payed th $60 adoption fee...ill get him on tuesday because they said they have too nuter him before they let him go.. Hes a pure bred blue pitbull so they think i want too breed him too make money....i think thas no reason too chop off his manhood but i can't do anything about it i guess. Thanks for the comments...im glad othre people like him as well.... ;)

Boy oh boy. He sure looks great. I am a big dog lover and have two dogs already, a german shepherd and a Dalmation. I wish I could get a purebred Pitbull and would surely get one someday. PurPleKuSh I hope you have a great time with your pitbull, he would surely make a great companion for you judging by the looks of him.

Well, i brought him home and he loves it here..hes gettin selteled in and is loving it. Ive been runnin him a lot and hes already starting to get more muscle definition just in the past few days...When i first got him he was very skinny and looked kind of sicly even but hes llokin very healthy and is gettin thicker every day...thanks for the comments guys

He is quite a handsome boy. You are lucky to get hims, since many shelters do not adopt out pits. Don't worry about the neuter, he will make a better pet. I would advice you to ask the shelter why his owners surrendered him though. Better to know in advance if he has any quirks in his personality so you can make sure you avoid situations that might be a problem. Take it slow and easy until you get to know each other. And obedience classes are available at reasonable costs at some of the pet store chains. They are always a good idea, it gives your dog a chance to socialize with other dogs, and a well trained dog is a true joy to own. It is especially important to this breed, their reputation can use all the help it can get, and nothing says it better than a well trained, friendly dog.

Ive oed a pit bull before, they are very great family dogs. They can be aggressive but only if raised so. They are great dogs for scialization and vrey sweet. They are great protectors and are one of the most loyal dogs. Lab's are too big pit's are only medium sized dogs. Most of their weight comes from raw muscle. Theyr very strong and pretty hyper but i like to run so ill get it out of him daily. Pit's are great dog's all the bad press is usually wrong and 5/10 times its not really a pitbull but a different type of dog. Not too say their not aggressive, but if raised lovingly they are overly nice and full of love. It is by far my favorite breed of dog.

He looks lovely! As long as you've had previous experience you should be fine. But watch out. Remember that that's probably the most dangerous breed of dog in the world- it's banned in the UK (Where I live). My cousin was nearly bitten when an African street gang was walking past him with their pitbulls (Before the ban). Good memories. :D