xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
zak92

My Dream Owning a plane

Hi i dont know and was wondering if anyone here knew the cost of you know a small plane not a big one that can go through oceans something like a small 1 seater for me because that is my dream if i ever get rich in life. Thanks.

You mean like a Private Jet? Well it all depends on what you want it to be like. If you want full served meals and an in-plane cinema, that would cost more than a cheep 1 seater old plain.

that can go through oceans

Actualy through the ocean? Like swimming with the fish? I don't think planes can do that :P

A plane that can go through oceans?! That'd rock....Screw flying in air, I wanna fly in the sea! :PHehe, I dunno really. You'd need to give more information on what the plane would be like (And don't say any, coz if you do, you should look into your dream more, instead of just wishing :P)

I have seen packages where you can buy a plane in pieces for a smaller amount of money and you have to build it yourself. The thing takes about 2 years to build but its definately cheaper then a private jet.Grenade

Edited by Grenade (see edit history)

well you might want to get a plane that is able to handle high winds and other kind of storms cause you would like a plane that is small and cant handle tough weather.

A plane that can go through oceans?! That'd rock....Screw flying in air, I wanna fly in the sea! :P

Doesnt something that lets you do that already exist? Those cool 1 seater submarines that can twist like a dolphin? The maker of tha dolphin submarine

Yea they're cool...but I like a combo of both a plane and a sub...then I can fly/swim between Hong Kong and Boston whenever I want...

You can geat a cheap Cessna two seater from anywhere between ?90,000 and ?125,000 (+VAT) second hand. If you want one new then you'll have to contact a dealer somewhere, they seem reluctant to put prices out on the web.

Thanks i wanted more like a Cessna posted above but more powerful. Also i wanted more choise it dont matter if i can go long distances but a small single engine jet that is nice and just to get me up to 1000-2000 feet and feel the air. If you have seen the movie the great waldo pepper that is the kind of plane that i want. Thanks for all the info though guys.

A small jet (well not at the type of private business class), but fast enough and has the range to go interstate would be a ideal in my opinion.But getting back, I may not know much about private small planes.. but Cessna are pretty good small plane makers.

Doesnt something that lets you do that already exist? Those cool 1 seater submarines that can twist like a dolphin? The maker of tha dolphin submarine
Yea they're cool...but I like a combo of both a plane and a sub...then I can fly/swim between Hong Kong and Boston whenever I want...

OMG! That's so freaking awesome! :P I want one....buy me one, and I'll poke tha mage :P

Hmm, planes are costly - if you do get rich, nothing like it, I suppose, though.Why don't you go for a boat? Some friends and I (in india) got together about two years back and built a steel thirty foot catamaran with an air-conditioned cabin, a small deck and a reasonably powerful engine, all for within $1000 in india. It's hulls are filled with foam to make it unsinkable, and it's pretty solidly built (though I wouldn't take it out in a hurricane). Building something like that is CHEAP in india (materials are very cheap), if you have a few friends to help you and are a do-it-yourself kind of person.We've taken it out on the seas, but not too far out - We didn't have a GPS on it, and navigating on the sea (or in the air) you have to take into consideration winds/tides/currents if you want to get where you're going. I haven't seen it for a while now, since I moved a good way inland, but I'm sure my friends are still using it. It's a great thing to have though, I would definitely recommend it if you can build one - it may not be able to cross oceans, but it's fun to visit nearby islands and things like that with it. You have to have a good map that marks shallows/reefs etc. though. Anyway, there are a lot of fishermen who operate where we used to sail, and they were always willing to advise us on the best course to take, especially when we admitted how ignorant we were :P They kind of liked it that we built our own boat too :PI wonder if I could build a ship? :D Too poor as yet, arrggh - but if I can save up enough some day I would love to try :D

Edited by Yratorm, LightMage (see edit history)

Omg i would love to do that and iam originated from India and yes you are right some things are really cheap over there. I really want to do everything with my live even build something like that. How long did it take you because if i appx know the time maybe i can start it with my freinds and is it like really nice boat or maybe you can PM me a pic of it.