xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyda

What Do You Think? All sort of critiscm is welcomed

Like most people here at Xisto, I have began my quest to start a site, with the help of rvalkass who uploaded some mods for me! What I have designed is a forum made from Phpbb, but my forum is quite different. I run on an identical system as Xisto does. When you post you are given credits to go along that post. Let's say you post a paragraph you'll most likely receive 27 points added to your total. Then what you can do with your posts is exchange them for prizes. The prizes are sigs. , IPB CSS skins , and many other things too. Now I want to know what people not only think of my site, but of that idea as well. Also, I was wondering if anybody was willing enough to donate some things to my site. Like.....

1. A membership to their own site
2. A CSS skin that one must buy for IPB
3. A sig.
4. Maybe credits to their own site..(hint hint*Xisto*hint hint :P )
Anything sort of positive criticism is welcomed!!
http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Edited by bk2070 (see edit history)

Site looks familiar :P. The site itself looks well done! The thing that really stands out to me is the green. I would choose a color that's easier on the eyes. But besides that, it looks very nice and good luck with it!

to me it looks great. Isn't that a skin? I think you should make your own template or change the colors or images to really make it your own site. Just my opinion and many sites do great using templates.The idea is also great. I really like the idea and i would actually join if they had some PHP scripts! Really, i think you could make money off the site. If you could hook people in using your idea, then have some advertising space, you could really make some money.If you ever get PHP scripts tell me! I will also be sure to check back in.If you ever need help with anything email me. I have some good experience in CSS/HTML/XML(RSS). Saint_Michael is great for CSS problems and BuffaloHelp is also a great help. rvalkass has helped me the most on my site also. Me and him are working on a comment and rating system!

It reminds me alot of x-box 360....i would tone down the brightness a lil bit.. ... a darker grey and green might be a better choice...maby add a lil flare or something to make it unique...they have some nice ipb scripts out there....

Thanks guys... I will tone down the color. Also, since I am farily new with web desgin I do not know exactly how to make my own templates, but I will look in to giving out PHP scripts, that was a very good idea! Also, this a question to the Mods., is it alright if I gave out Xisto credits points. For example, for a specific amount of points someone can exchange their credits for points and I will personally give them the amount they asked for from my account to theirs? IS that allowed? Anyway, thanks for the suggestions and I am still accepting more!

For me, the layout's kinda too bright. And it reminds me of Microsoft, I dunno, maybe it's because of the blue and white combination. You might also want to transfer the log-in box to the top instead of putting it at the bottom so that members wont have to scroll all the way down to log-in. You've also got a huge blank spce beside your navigation, so why not use it for banners and stuff? Or, you could re-arrange the navigation so that there wontbe too much blank space beside it. :PI think your idea of credit system is great. I think web designers, especially beginners would be interested to exchange post point for certain scripts. You just have to spread the word over the net to attract more members.