xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ogmonster

Why Do Pop-ups Likes To Give Things For Free Even Though Its A Lie? people aint that stupid to do it, then why do they bother?

It's to get there website more traffic. If you click there ads they also get money. It's all just a big scam.And actually, some people are "dumb" enough to believe anything these ads say.

To add a bit to that, pop-up ad's were the biggest thing back in the 90's and hten they got annoying. People started making up scripts in which people had to click 3 or 4 ad's just before getting to the main site. They were ok at one time but people abuse them and now we hate them.

We like things to be clean, but pop up ads are not clean.A site with pop up ads is not clean..Some hosting service also does thing to their costumers because they want people to pay for their no-ads service and get more money.But they are greedy, they want more money, they put money earning ads into your sites and make you click on it, but it isn't easy to make somebody do something....because we are not, like you said "dumb".

It would amaze you to sit with a room full of people who are not entirely au-fait with the ways of the Internet and hear how many ask if they can really get things for free and these offers are true. Ones that pop up and disguise themselves to look like messages from Windows and dialog boxes are the most annoying and hard to explain how to avoid.

Well, oddly enough I just got thru trying to get thru on of those 'free popup/survey things' and it takes you thru all these yes i want this or No I dont want this. Then on the last 2 questions you gotta buy something or pay shipping and handling on something you really don't want.

It is amazing what they get away with on the Internet. They always get me with a the "free" playstaition or 'Free' ipod ads. So far I have fallen for it 3 times.

Im a total consumer

Love and Light,

Michael

the people who puts pop-ups, why do they even bother? people aint that dumb to click what they want for free, it can be broken, it can be in bad conditions, but why do they even bother?

Yeah, i agree it is dumb but i can't help playing the smack/zap/punch/hit/shoot this game! i absoulutely love them!So yeah, they are accomplishing their job because for every so many people who play the games there is always the one who signs up!

Because the word FREE can attract millions of people to click their adds becasue honestly, who doesnt want free stuff, right? But sadly, none of them seems to be true nowadays. It used to be effective way back but then scammers started using it and thus, this strategy got ruined. I believ no legitimate company uses this strategy now, unless they want to be labeled as a nuisance.

You know, these people do it because the owner of website A gains money if you see a banner, and even more if you click on it! And owner of website B, will scam you and steal your money, and, he won't care about you, as long as you think he is saying the truth.

You know the saying ' there's no such thing as a free lunch' - well, many people don't know it (or else these advertisers hope they don't).The something-for-nothing concept is a strong lure, any way you look at it. If we didn't KNOW that people are too ruthless and evil to give stuff away for free on the net, we'd be falling for it too, hehe. Okay, kidding about the ruthless and evil part, but you get what I mean.There's ANOTHER saying - 'There's a sucker born every minute' - It may be true, you know.It may be true, because I think advertisers wouldn't use this 'free-lunch' method if it didn't work SOME of the time. No one uses a method that doesn't work at ALL. So, while we enlightened ones laugh, there's probably a sucker clicking on a 'free' ad this very minute :P This is just one man's opinion - take it with a pinch of salt (woo, yet ANOTHER saying, hehehehehehehhehe ROFL)

Especially people who are new to the internet. I remember that when my cousin was first starting out in the internet some years ago he would fall for all those traps and sometimes end up with malicious software in his computer. So there must be a really high percentage of people who are not experienced enough with the internet, to be falling for those traps. If it wasnt for them, then I guess it wouldnt be business to waste time doing them. Especially with more sofisticated pop up blockers.

Well I see less pop ups and more actually on the website advertisements or "pop unders". If you look closely on these advertisements which say "YOU HAVE WON A FREE IPOD! CLICK HERE TO CLAIM!" You can normally see a small print underneath. This is legal and if they don't put this, it is false advertising, correct?