xisto Community
MacFly

Not Able To Delete User Account

I am trying to delete my daughters account from our home pc. When I go thru the control panel and users accounts,"delete". Once I choose to delete her files awell and say delete account it locks up the machine. All other accounts are perfect. Ad-Aware has been run. Installed SP2 about a month or so ago. I even made a new account logged onto it. Then I was able to delete that account just fine. Machine boots and runs well in all other users, 3 more by the way. Is there anyother way to remove this account and the icon on the log-in screen in a somewhat tidy way? I don't think I should go in and just delete stuff thru explorer.Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks again.

i have had this problem before, where it would freeze for no reasoni suggest... since you are admin, delete the password on the acoount (if there is one) and go into the account and delete a large chunk of the files 'by hand' then attempt to delete the entire account through the admin panel. the large amount of files was my problem and this fixed it. goodluck

Try doing it the other way (the names might be a little different, because i'm translating them...)1. Start -> Control panel2. Administrative tools3. Computer management4. System tools5. Users and local groups6. UsersAnd then try to delete the account.And let know if it helped if not :(

Try doing it the other way (the names might be a little different, because i'm translating them...)

1. Start -> Control panel

2. Administrative tools

3. Computer management

4. System tools

5. Users and local groups

6. Users

And then try to delete the account.

And let know if it helped if not :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thats exactly what I had in mind to say. I believe this should be able to help you delete the user account without much ado. I have been deleting user accounts too in my comp. If your daughter is also an admin, you should be able to delete her acc as you are the root admin.

Try doing it the other way (the names might be a little different, because I'm translating them...)1. Start -> Control panel2. Administrative tools3. Computer management4. System tools5. Users and local groups  <<<<<6. UsersAnd then try to delete the account.And let know if it helped if not ;)

This folder doesn't exist for me. That's not good, is it ?

../forums//style_images/elegancesi1228230897/post_snapback.Gif

-reply by Carver

sol1

Try doing it the other way (the names might be a little different, because i'm translating them...)

2. Administrative tools

3. Computer management

4. System tools

5. Users and local groups

6. Users

And let know if it helped if not ;)

I think you already done this Idea.

sol2

Try doing it the other way (the names might be a little different, because I'm translating them...)

2. Administrative tools

3. Computer management

4. System tools

5. Users and local groups <<<<<

6. Users

And let know if it helped if not :P

This folder doesn't exist for me. That's not good, is it ?

../forums//style_images/elegancesi1228230897/post_snapback.Gif

-reply by Carver

It is better idea than first one. you can do this idea either this way.

1. Right click on my computer

2. Click on Manage

3. Then click on left pane's Local users and Groups

4. From right panel Click on Users

now follow the above solution 2

If above doesn't work

Simply disable account this way

Follow the step 4 from above follow

Now right click on account then properties as shown in figure below.

Posted Image

Now tick the disable this account

and ok

after few days you can go same process then tick out the disable this account mark and

go through the first process (solution1) it can be delete.