xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mich

Introductions Forum Make it easier to find for the newbies.

Please consider moving the Introductions from a subforum of General Talk. It would be easier to find as a subforum of Have your say. Not buried so deep in the forum structure. It would also show up in the pull-down menu of the topic pages. So many newbies are missing the intro subforum of General Talk, subforum of Have your say. We would like to get to know about people before they are here for a month or more. :P

Edit: If you are a newbie, here is where you go to introduce yourself. Introductions After you read the Announcement and Pinned topics, start at NewTopic (upper or lower right button).

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

I agree, many new members have missed it and it has been a reoccuring problem. It might even be better if it was it's own forum so then it would be almost impossible to miss. Subforums seems to be easily missed and people new members probably don't even notice them

Ya I guess it might be more helpful to have it out of General Talk so people can get to know others. It also would be a way so that once they put their introduction members could welcome them as well as point them in the right direction rules wise. To me though it wouldn't really matter one way or the other. People normally do look for an Introductions forum and if they really want to know where it is they can ask or find it somehow.

Well, seeing as how members are supposed to post in the right section, and they should know that(considering they read the TOS), they'd take the 30 secondss it takes to find the introduction section.I personally have only seen 1 introduction post, not posted in the introduction section, recently. 1 of the 5000 members active, is a pretty good number...Maybe if more people happen to fall out of place maybe then we should consider moving it up the heirarchy.